1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root CM7 is -EPIC- on the O2X (sort of guide thing)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brezzo, Sep 30, 2011.

1. brezzo

brezzo Well-Known Member
    None

At first I was reluctant to root/put a custom rom onto my O2X, but wow. It is so worth it. You really don't notice how horrible LG's software is until you use something else.

I will post a video of the speed soon! It's incredible. I can also help out if anyone has questions (i may be fairly nooby, but we can work out the answers together).

Code (Text):
    2. Basically, I rooted with [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682"]superoneclick [/URL](as the name suggests, it was very easy. Plug, click, rooted).
    4. Then it was as simple as downloading the latest stable build of CM7 ([url]www.cyanogenmod.com[/url]), and using rom manager to reboot into clockwork mod recovery.
    6. There is a guide [URL="http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/LG_Optimus_2X:_Full_Update_Guide"]here[/URL], just ignore the root part as superoneclick does that.
    8. I am a complete noob, and I managed to do it, so can you. :)
    10. WARNING: OBVIOUSLY YOUR WARRANTY WILL BE VOID AS SOON AS YOU ROOT. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY OF ANYTHING HAPPENING, ETC. I AM JUST POSTING THIS TO SHOW YOU HOW FAST YOU CAN MAKE YOUR LG OPTIMUS 2X (AND GET GINGERBREAD).
    That's my sloppy guide, I really don't suggest you use it other than for some basic info of how easy it is to do (the reason I wrote it). I strongly suggest you look around on youtube and xda for guides and stuff for the o2x.

Doubt this is helpful >.>

Advertisement

2. Rusty

Rusty Android Expert
    None

Jan 21, 2010
    Pompey, UK
    It's worth it for the ring locksreen alone.

3. brezzo

brezzo Well-Known Member
    None

Yeah, that is nice. I personally prefer the slider from left to right at the moment, but occasionally I change to the ring and I use the ring to answer calls with.

4. jackdsparker94

jackdsparker94 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 27, 2011
    Good guide. Simple and easy :)

5. Rusty

Rusty Android Expert
    None

Jan 21, 2010
    Pompey, UK
    CM 7.1 is now 'stable' and officially supports the O2X.

6. brezzo

brezzo Well-Known Member
    None

Yep! Just updated earlier. It's just as stable as the last nightly so far, haven't seen any bugs or anything :) Definitely worth losing a warranty over (which to my knowledge can be restored if you put back the stock rom/unroot).

7. defsamLG

defsamLG Lurker
    None

Oct 19, 2011
    Super one click has been stuck for me on "Waiting for device". I have the same phone I tried solutions When I click super One Click it goes "Not Responding". I guess It isnt as simple as you said.:(

8. brezzo

brezzo Well-Known Member
    None

Is USB Debugging enabled in Settings > Applications > development?

Also make sure the SD card is not mounted.

9. defsamLG

defsamLG Lurker
    None

Oct 19, 2011
    Tried it with all. It just gets stuck at "Waiting for device". then get to (Not responding)

should I unmount all of these cards? Or just the external one?

Edit*
    OK I Fixed that Waiting for device problem and now I am facing a new one (facepalm)
    I get this:
    Rooting device... - Step #4
    startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
    Parameter name: startIndex

Then I tried again and It says "Automatic version checker failed. Is your OS version 2.0 or higher?
    I click Yes. and it says:
    Device Properties could not be read! ( you should try rebooting your device)

I did that and nothing changed.
    DAMN YOU ROOTING WHY YOU SO COMPLICATED????

EDIT 2**
    I just rooted my phone and installed cyanogenmod 7. I just fillowed the cyanogenmod instructions on how to root my phone and it worked better than superoneclick lol.

Anyways on topic What do you suggest I do next after I installed cyanogenmod? I already installed my market app.

10. brezzo

brezzo Well-Known Member
    None

You'll probably want the google apps, you can flash them separately with Rom manager (cwm) or you can install from the market :) There's also a bunch of themes on xda-developers, and other stuff for cm7!

11. brezzo

brezzo Well-Known Member
    None

Also, sorry for no video yet :( I don't have a good quality recorder, and my digital (still) camera seems to make all the text blurry! I'll try again in better light but it might not work, sorry guys!