1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CM7 Nightlies

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iowabowtech, Jan 17, 2011.

1. WBMc36

WBMc36 Android Enthusiast

This_Is_Kyle likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Android Expert

Yeah in use the default calander

3. jmar

jmar Nexican

Am I to assume that Nightly 32 is RC3 just like Nightly(can't remember the build number) was RC2?

4. Cleaner

Cleaner Newbie

It may, more likely, be the same as CM7 RC4.

I've been running it since yesterday evening with no problems.

5. blkbeltkid17

yeah there are some roomers that the rc3 and 4 were released so close because there was a small tweak and then that rc4 will be the stable release here in the next week

6. jmar

jmar Nexican

So nightly 33 was bunk. Deleted my b of a app and market wouldn't open. Nightly 32 is solid and I made a backup so no harm no foul.

7. blkbeltkid17

good to know thx man

jmar likes this.
  8. RussianMenace

RussianMenace Newbie

For those looking for a sense-like calendar look at Smooth Calendar in the marketplace...it's free. Or PureGrid calendar, but this one is paid.

9. CramRazz

CramRazz Guest

How is smooth calendar Sense-like? It only shows 3 events and is non-scrollable. The closest thing I've found to Sense Widgets are the LauncherPro Plus Widgets.

10. jmar

jmar Nexican

Nighlty 34 is legit

11. blkbeltkid17

downloading the new one now

12. jmar

jmar Nexican

Downloading nightly 35 blkbeltkid17!

13. invincible_dr

invincible_dr Newbie

can anyone help me? I tried to root my incredible last night and got some errors. I d/l CWM 3.0.0.5 from Rom Manger. I had CWM 2.5.12 previously. I got that as a package from Unrevoked 3.32. So, I rooted and did a nandroid backup. I went to wipe data, cache and dalvik cache. For some reason, I put the ROM(CM7) on the internal EMMC. I thought that that was my SD card.
    ANyways, I didn't do a /system wipe(thank god).

I then tried to 'Install Zip from SD card" and I didn't see my rom.
    SO let me GET this straight...the root of sdcard is the external SDcard that pops out of the slot,right???

So, I do a backup/restore in cwm 3.0.0.5 but everytime i do it , I get 'Restore Failed'. At this point I should mentioned that i did the nandroid backup using CWM 2.5.12. Does that make a difference? You see my potential catch22. I didn't make the nandroid with the my current recovery(3.0.0.5). I can't get back into the old rom either because I wiped /data/, /cache, and /dalvik cache. So, i have I just reboot back into the existing factory 2.2 stock kernel. I had to set up phone all over again. I lost my phone numbers, apps, and personailized settings. No biggie at least I didn't full brick and won't turn on. lol. If it is an issue with the newer CWM 3.0.0.5 not seeing the partition where I have nandroid backup, then can i just root all over again, d/l rom manager again and downgrade back to CWM 2.5.12. Then try and restore my settings with my nandroid backup?

But i still have dilemma. I can no longer see the SD card from windows. So how am i going to put the CM7 RC2.5 nightly on there to flash. I some how corrupted the sdcard when trying to wipe /data, /cache, and dalvik cache. It said "E: cannot mount mmcblklp2"

Thanks

14. blkbeltkid17

I then tried to 'Install Zip from SD card" and I didn't see my rom.
    SO let me GET this straight...the root of sdcard is the external SDcard that pops out of the slot,right??? yes

and yes the clockwork recover mods are not backwards compatible 2.x is fryo biased and 3.x is gingerbread biased

for the rest of your problem you will have to re root it once you are back to the stock 2.2 and once you have root permissions again ndroid back up ASAP then go to rom mgr and get the new CMR and ndroid AGAIN...

as for your last problom it is very possibal that your SD card got couropt in that process ... here is the fix... remove the sd card for the phone and plug it in to you computer so your computer can see the card and see if there are any errors on the card if so format your SD card in fat32... and all should be go to go man (on second thought do this FIRST before you re root this will clear your SD card and if you have backs ups on it they will be gone)

i hope this helped man if you need anymore help PM me and i will do my best to help ya

15. blkbeltkid17

did you guys here that 33 was Cyanogen mods version of an April fools joke hahaha they always say ndroid and those that did got that nasty surprise when the code messed up ALOT of phones

16. WBMc36

WBMc36 Android Enthusiast

did not hear this but i always nandroid before i do anything. There has been one time i have forgotten and it almost came back to bite me in the ass. never again will i make that mistake.

17. Lev16

Lev16 Well-Known Member

Haven't read through this entire thread, so this might have already been answered. Has anyone gotten bootloops from running wifi? I've been using CM7 for a couple months now. Love it. Just can't use wifi. This has been the issue for me for quite some time. I figure I'm not the only one. I've used plenty of ROMs in the past, and this is the only one that I've experienced bootloops with as a result of turning on my wifi. I spent a couple hours yesterday having to nand restore and then get all my old apps back up b/c I hadn't backed up in a while. Major downer. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

/end rant

18. blkbeltkid17

Yes this is all over the xda thread turn off your wifi sleep pilocy in the settings then if that fails get a new kernel and then turn off the sleep policy then problom fixed

19. FramCire

FramCire Android Expert

Why arent you using 3.0.0.8?

20. blkbeltkid17

i was wondering that too lol

21. jmar

jmar Nexican

I use RA Recovery cos I'm used to it coming from LG Ally. Personally I don't like clockwork but that is just me.

22. blkbeltkid17

I don't really matter I guess to each there ownw but the newest version of whatever you arenusing is always the best

23. jmar

jmar Nexican

+1

24. blkbeltkid17

Yeah if only I could have typed that right lol

25. jmar

jmar Nexican

I feel that with each nightly I get slighlty better battery life and a smoother android experience. Nightly 36 now.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews