1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [CM7] Problem Calling while roaming "If you'd like to make a collect call.." message

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by largeprint48, Oct 23, 2011.

1. largeprint48

largeprint48 Member
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    When I call while roaming I get "If you'd like to make a collect call.." message every time try. I am rooted, but it did this before I was rooted. I am now on the latest CM7 and it seems to do it every time now, before cm7 it was about 60% of the time. On the stock htc rom it made no difference when i rooted it and I could make calls when roaming 40% of the time. I use roam control to test with, and tested calling from my house i used to be able to call from my house when I forced roaming now I get the same message I get in other places. I called sprint and got them to do an error 16/hrl signal re-sending thing, but I'm not sure if this works with a non htc rom.

Sorry about my writing skills

Oh and I've try different radios and stuff before the cm7 rom but not after as it didn't help then. I believe this has nothing to do with rooting and I just need to access some deeper setting on my phone maybe by using the dialer.

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    odd i have never heard of that issue before. sprint will not be able to do much as you are on an aosp rom. have you tried to update your prl and profile? you need to be on a sense rom., however.

also using the dialer to enter epst codes will not work an an aosp rom as well. it needs to be on a sense rom and then you can nandroid restore back to cm7. however, i'm not sure on the codes. i only know certain ones, but they do not apply to your scenario.

you can always try to use the verizon prl. but sprint will eventually catch on and terminate your account. here is the link:[6/16]*techknowfile's* - Hack the HTC EVO - 3G w/o Sprint EVDO coverage! - xda-developers

3. nolimit06

nolimit06 Well-Known Member
    None

I know I am new here but I just signed up with Sprint and I had the same issue on 2 iPhones and then my EVO and all there were stock. They had to change my number to fix the problem, might be a provisioning problem with your number so you might try calling tech support and ask them to do that for you, if that does not work like it didn't for me you might have the change your number. My HTC is rooted with MikG and I have not had that issue.

ocnbrze likes this.
Tags: