1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root CM7: Random Missed Messaging & Static Calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ndh777, Sep 19, 2011.

1. ndh777

ndh777 Android Expert
    None

I've been texting this girl nonstop for the past couple of days. She's got some Android phone, unrooted, on Verizon and I've got my rooted HTC Evo 4G on Sprint.

Today she just randomly stopped texting me which is weird for her. So she calls me and tells me that she sent over 7 texts and just thought I stopped replying. I get on my brother's non-Android phone for Boost Mobile, Sanyo Juno, and text myself after a reboot and I get that text.

I call up Sprint to see what the problem is and they tell me to shut down and restart after the lady says that she refreshed my account. So I restart and tell the girl to send me a text with anything in it. I believe she did but it too has not been received yet.

At first I thought maybe this was a Verizon issue because she hasn't been receiving some of my picture mail either but then I get on Bing and do a search for "CM7 text issue" and come to find that people with Evo's, Verizon Droids, and many more running CM7 also have this issue.

One person on one of the forums said to go into Settings>CyanogenMod settings>Performance> and then check "Lock messaging app in memory". So I've done that yet still haven't received a text from her!

Also============

When this happened, I also called Sprint to see if it was an issue with their system, and I call from my Evo and when the call goes to the customer service rep, his/her voice was very staticy like that of a malfunctioning robot lol Although before that, with the robot that guides you through the menus ("Press 1 for Technical Support, etc.") was sounding fine as well as my dad when I called him after the weird call with Sprint's rep.

Is that a problem associated with the phone and/or CM7 ROM? Or was this probably just an issue with the Sprint rep?

Advertisement

2. ndh777

ndh777 Android Expert
    None

...now I get all of her texts that had never got to me.

I'm wondering if it was a Sprint issue or a CM7 issue.

I guess we can keep this up for Google searchers who may have this problem. I just downloaded HandCent. Maybe that had something to do with it? Or checking the box in the CM settings? Or resetting the phone? Or calling Sprint? Who knows...lol too many freaking problems that make me want to unroot. :(

3. ndh777

ndh777 Android Expert
    None

..............................it was her freaking phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She said she restarted her phone and after that, that's when all of her texts sent. Woooooowwwwwwwwww

ocnbrze and dustwun77 like this.
  4. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    Grand Rapids
    i was running the stable version of CM7 (7.0.3.1) i think...cant remember lol...but i was using Go Sms Pro and i never had any issues with texting....i had more texting issues on the stock rom then i have using another rom....i think 99% percent of the issues are on sprints end when it comes to sms/mms

ocnbrze and ndh777 like this.
  5. ndh777

ndh777 Android Expert
    None

Turns out it was her problem hahaha great. Did all that for nothing. I'm using HandCent now. It seems to be running fine...n00bs for ya ;) hahaha

You know the one thing I hate is that I can't write more than 160 characters and it successfully send. It won't do it on any of my rooted ROMs' default messenger and it appears to not want to do it with this HandCent either.

Will it work with GoSMSPro?

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    Grand Rapids

lmao...dam verizons.....did you uncheck the option in the settings where it says split messages over 160 characters?

ocnbrze, ndh777 and dustwun77 like this.
  7. ndh777

ndh777 Android Expert
    None

There's an option for that? Thanks! I'll go uncheck it or check it lol thanks.

Tags: