1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root CM7 - Text Messaging Question?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by saeroner, Apr 18, 2011.

1. saeroner

saeroner Member
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    Am I doing something wrong? Using the messaging app that it comes with... this is the 1st ROM i've tried out.

1.) I can't seem to figure out how to text multiple contacts at the same time. Like if I want to send a message or picture to 5 contacts at the same time.

2.) there is no feature to speak and let the app recognise what I'm saying (speak recognition)

3.) Voice Mail sucks compare to what was on the stock ROM. Is there an app that allows to play voicemails like the stock ROM did. It had a playback bar and was able to go to any message without having to skip, skip, skip ect...

Advertisement

2. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    Tech support rep for Knology
    so dak
    1: dunno if you can do that....
    2: yes there is, and if yours doesnt work, thats a different story LoL
    3: theres a fix for this in the threads, itll just take some looking on your part. If you get nothin after searching, ill go find it and post, but this has been discussed a ton, and its a known issue with CM7. I think cyanogenmod.com has a thing on it too...

3. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Mechanical Engineer for GE Nuclear
    NC
    1. I dont use cm7 but you can def do this on sense, try using handcent.

2. Dl google voice search in market and open it, should ask you to install the speech recognition software.

3. Install vvm.apk then restore data from sense back up of it. Then send yourself a message

4. HanzoH

HanzoH Newbie
    None

Dec 2, 2010
    Apple Valley MN
    1. I use CM7 and the stock messaging has the option to send to multiple contacts. Just compose a new message and enter the names or numbers of the people you want to send too.

3. I use google voice now and I have never wanted to go back to the sprint vvm.

Tags: