• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 Themes

Just so everyone knows, You can theme your Triumph to look like anything with CM7 installed; it can be motoblur, gingerblur, touchwiz, sense, or anything else. Just look around on XDA (I personally used Google search)... currently running a motoblur theme that makes my phone very motorola-ified. I also have helauncher installed to insure that I have whatever launcher needed for my theme.
didn't feel like re-sizing the screenshots, so they are attached. ;)
The link on XDA:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1021507
and in case you are wondering: Motoblur is motorola's custom android interface that is desiged to distiguish it from other phones, and is a pretty deep customization typically. Because i want my phone to look, feel, and act like a Droid X, I download these themes as well as helauncher to complete the expiriece. The main differece between this and blur,however, is quite major. ;) it is just made to look like mblur...

Oh, one more thing; the helauncher link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1021507

Edit: another thing...
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/17567-list-cm7-theme-chooser-themes/
this is a pretty good list of themes that should work with theme chooser, and hence our Triumphs!!

Attachments

• screenies.zip
    804.9 KB · Views: 104
do u have a direct link to where these themes are at on xda, i googled and even went to xda but there so many links it shows and most have images deleted and this my first android phone running cm7 so idk if other themes for other phones work with this one so if u have a link i would appreciate it : ) ty

EDIT: meant to say idk if other cm7 themes for other phones would work with this ver of cm7 themes for the MT and what is moto blur exactly? ive heard a love hate relationship on it before.

EDIT 2: nvm ima dumb@$$ didnt even see the forum name for apps and themes on XDA for the MT, now i did...lol

Upvote 0
nice, appreciate the info and links :) once i download the new cm7 build ima start working on changing theme tomorrow. And thanks for explanation of moto blur, im honestly still not 100% sure what the main difference is but thats what youtube is for and i just remember reading bout it before on another phone and it was a hate/love relationship it seemed among ppl.

Upvote 0
nice, appreciate the info and links :) once i download the new cm7 build ima start working on changing theme tomorrow. And thanks for explanation of moto blur, im honestly still not 100% sure what the main difference is but thats what youtube is for and i just remember reading bout it before on another phone and it was a hate/love relationship it seemed among ppl.
No problem! Keep in mind, blur is also Motorola's way to integrate social networks directly into the android OS. It makes the phone very sluggish, unless you actually have just a theme. ;)
Cheers!

Upvote 0
In the end, I had to go with the MIUI theme ;)

screenshot-1316967900379.png
screenshot-1316968897220.png
screenshot-1316968946736.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones