1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root CM7 Titanium backup not working & battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shady545, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Shady545

Shady545 Well-Known Member
    None

May 14, 2011
    Well since updating to CM7 I am no longer able to access Titanium backup. I have the paid version as well.

Ive installed and uninstalled multiple times, still cant launch.

Also my battery has been draining crazy fast. Ive done all the simply battery saving tricks already. I think Im just over looking something simple.

Any and all help welcome.

Advertisement

2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Making you wonder?
    Lone Star State

use the latest version of titu, no problem here using it, and also make sure you set you governor and turn off gps.

3. Gmash

Gmash Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    neither Here nor There
    No problems with TB here, either, but you might want to try re calibrating the battery also. You can do it with an app or CWM.

4. Shady545

None

May 14, 2011
    I have downloaded the latest version Titu, multiple times. Still no go. It will install but I have no option to open or run it. I will try to get some screen shots later.

Also I have the GPS off, I will check the governor setting and recalibrate my battery.

Thanks for the help guys

5. Gmash

Gmash Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    neither Here nor There
    Another thing I remembered about when I first got CM7 and I thought my battery was draining fast, I was using the reboot option from the power button menu all the time, and when I actually powered the phone off and left it off while I charged it overnight, I couldn't believe how long the battery lasted.you might want to try that. As for the TiBu problem, I have no idea. Good luck.

Shady545 likes this.
  6. Shady545

None

May 14, 2011
    Thanks I will try powering it off at night see if that boosts it any.

7. gamomoftwo

gamomoftwo Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    Female
    Paraprofessional Teacher
    Atlanta, GA
    I am having the same problem. I am a newbie at this whole flashing thing and yesterday flashed cm7 with rom manager, had to use rm to fix permissions, and now I can't get FB app, TB app to work and I keep getting force close issues on market and media sw. Also Market will not open.

I have upgraded both TB and RM, my sd card is not partitioned and I guess I will need to do that.

I have noticed that battery life is draining also, I am using Juice defender and I have been since I got the phone in March, and it always has been working great and extending my battery life, but now it is not. I have turned the phone off rather then reboot, then let it fully charge from 20%, but it still drains quickly.:thinking:

MMS seems to be working fine, I am posting to twitter and FB via that and I had to reply to a paypal message and that went through fine.;)

Help this newbie out, remeber I really don't know much of what I am doing yet. I wish we had a class I could attend where someone could sit next to me and help me through this, I learn much better that way and I am terrified to brick this phone, if I do I don't have a phone and would have to go back to a reg cellphone and I am too spoiled now and want my Foursquare and GasBuddy apps too much!!:rolleyes:

8. nes218

nes218 Lurker
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    Try this to help with your battery life issues.

0. Make sure your phone is 100% charged (no less the 100%)
    1. In ClockworkMod go to advanced, wipe battery stats
    2. Use your phone till it dies (screen goes blank, ignore the battery percentages and low battery warning, if your stats were messed up you can run on "x" (5%) for awhile)
    3. Charge your phone 100%
    4. Your good to go , i noticed a HUGE change in battery life after doing this .

ShinySide, KOLIO and Scur like this.