1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root CM7 up and running

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 2acclaim, Sep 26, 2011.

1. 2acclaim

2acclaim Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 2, 2010
    Ok over the weekend I wrote CM7 to the Nook. So far it's been great for everything i've tried. I even made it the full weekend without having to re-charge it battery. Wall charging takes forever though when it shut's down due to dead battery but that's another story.

So since I had some issues with Win7 and the disk imager I'm planning on leaving my original SD card as an emergency backup.

I've ordered a 16gb from Best Buy but while I wait for it to arrive do I need to special format the new card when it gets here? I'm hoping to use it for movie storage and additional apps etc since I'm assuming it's like my phone. The more internal space it has the better it runs.

I thought the Nook was pretty cool, people at work just kept commenting on how big my phone was :rolleyes:.

Advertisement

2. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    Let me get this straight... they notice your 7" phone? :D

Some sdcards have junk software on them, so I just format them as fat32 in my computer.

Many Android devices will power on when you plug them in the outlet so when I want to charge something quickly, I plug them in, then tap an icon on the screen to shut them down (Quick Boot).

3. 2acclaim

None

Sep 2, 2010
    used the auto updater last night. Takes longer than I like but worked great to bump me 203.

They couldn't make it much easier than they did.

4. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    I don't trust Rom Manger to make just a backup, but somehow trust it to backup and update me. :D

Go figure.

5. 2acclaim

None

Sep 2, 2010
    well I had to revert back to #200 anyhow. My gmail account information got lost and everytime I tried to re-enter it the screen would pop up saying configure than go away.

Probably could've restored that info somehow but was just easier to revert to one I know that worked.

Added a couple of movies shrunk down via handbrake and surprisingly played m4v directly through file explorer so that's pretty nice.

I've had more fun showing people what I did with the Nook than actually using it. When I'm out cruising around and not driving it'll be nice to have with though.

6. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    Did you upgrade to #200 via Rom Manager or did you boot off the sdcard?

I usually spent more time updating mine than using it. :D

There's a video here that I posted with a NC installed in a car. I'll have to see if I can find that.

Here it is: http://androidforums.com/b-n-nookcolor/315194-nook-color-turned-into-dash-car-stereo.html

7. 2acclaim

None

Sep 2, 2010
    i updated via Rom manager since my card was at work. I've been shuffling around a 2gig and 4 gig card while I learn some things. My 16gig is due in today so at least I'll have my media card. Than i can clean up the other cards and set them up for backup purposes only.

I like stereo idea. Is the option to enable bluetooth built into CM7 already?(it's at home today and i'm at work). Something else fun to play with.

May have to get a newer style power inverter to keep this thing powered up on longer trips now.

I got a message last night that 206 is out now. Need to look into that one this weekend.

8. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    BT is barely usable, but they may get it figured out (but the team is busy with the HP Touchpad and ICS is due next month and the NC and TP will need that). The stock NC had no mention of BT but it was found on the board and enabled by the CM team. It has a range measured in inches, not feet so I hear it works for keyboards, mice, but nothing that involves a distance of more than a foot. I think the headphone jack is stereo tho.

#207 is out now, but don't have a NC so haven't seen the reviews: CyanogenMod nightlies changelog for Encore