1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root cm7 wont work, cm6 wont work, what will work?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by raquelrox, Jul 3, 2011.

1. raquelrox

raquelrox Lurker
    None

Jul 2, 2011
    School :)
    Florida :)
    Ok , Hi!

Ive been reading allot about rooting my phone and roms and stuff, and i was able to root my phone after various tries! with gingerbreak was the only thing that worked.

so i did it, and then i had trouble with the recovery thing when i got rom manager from the market because i was confused about the instructions. BUT i did it, and went to cm7. but then the camera wouldnt work, so i read about it, and changed to cm6, but now the apps i had and wanted wont show.

the same thing happened with when i updated to 2.2 from the metro website. some of the apps were missing from the market. so i thought if i changed it to cm6 it would be in the market, but its the same.

can somenoe help me please?

Advertisement

2. mdside71

mdside71 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    What you really need to do is flash the phone back to the stock 2.1.1 then download and flash the CWM onto the phone, and then flash CM6 or CM7. Remember to flash the GAPPS, and MetroOFF if using CM7.

3. raquelrox

raquelrox Lurker
    None

Jul 2, 2011

Hi, how do i flash back to stock? And do you know if the apps will show in the market?

wait.... do i need to root the phone or no?

thanks for replying too! :)

4. Gmash

Gmash Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    neither Here nor There
    You don't need to flash back to stock. When you use CM6 or 7, the market thinks you are using a phone other than the Ascend, due to the way the ROMs are built. Since the market will only show the apps it thinks are compatible with your phone, this affects which apps it shows you. I don't know of any solution to this, except maybe getting the apps in question from some "other" place. Not condoning any unethical activity, just sayin'. Welcome to the forums.

5. raquelrox

raquelrox Lurker
    None

Jul 2, 2011
    Lol thanks .. well, do you think that if i get the apk file will it install??? because ive tried doing that without any rom and it has not worked... maybe with the cm6 or cm7 itll install?

6. raquelrox

raquelrox Lurker
    None

Jul 2, 2011
    oh! is there a way to see ALL the apps in the market even if they arent compatible? because i read somewhere that it was recent update that only showed you what was compatible, and an older version did, i dont know i read this in one of the websites i searched, but ive looked around so much this is the only website/forum ive found answers!

7. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Also,go to the MARKET app & check your SETTINGS,& make sure you're not 'FILTERING' & allow all apps to be viewed in the MARKET.