• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
To be honest I don't see this ROM going much past version 1.1

I know he'll add more features and what not, and there's the MMS fix, but this is really stable and complete right now (except for the MMS of course). It doesn't even feel like a first or second release, very smooth and nice.

Upvote 0
i agree sheds GB is allready very smooth. my eris isnt active at the moment,so i cant comment on the mms issue. but ill defiantely be watching for updates,and ill give tazz's version a shot too.

thats too bad its not being officailly supported... id love a pure cm7. maybe we can get a CELB cm7? :p or maybe a link will pop up once the cm build is released as stable?

as soon as the mms issue is fixed ill activate the eris for a couple days. id go nuts without my texts! in the meantime,i just finished downloading version 29 for my droid. waiting for the nightly release is kinda like waiting for xmas :D

Upvote 0
as soon as the mms issue is fixed ill activate the eris for a couple days. id go nuts without my texts! in the meantime,i just finished downloading version 29 for my droid. waiting for the nightly release is kinda like waiting for xmas :D

It looks like it's fixed in 1.2 right now.

As for the future, I'm not sure why this wouldn't be updated pretty often going forward; CyanogenMod 7 is still pretty early, and there are sure to be lots of improvements.

Upvote 0
Did you give it time for everything to sync and all the apps to load? It was slow for me until all that stuff finished up, now it's very fast even when not overclocked.

thats whats weird. after syncing and restoring everything it worked pretty great. I restarted for good measure and after that I couldn't open a damn thing without FCing.

I'll reflash after the next update and see if I can't get GV working again. I guess it could have been the OC, but 748 has been stable on other CMs so...

Upvote 0
no issues for me yet. ill download 1.2 so i can text and turn the little bugger on again so i can give it a once over :) i thot it was pretty sweet it automatically put up the same wallpaper,and every app i have installed on the droid. i also noticed uts based on the update- 2.3.2

i did have the same low memory issue. like you once i installed them manually they were fine.

its fast and smooth for me too...OCed to 710.

now all we need is some real flash support :D

Upvote 0
I just installed a few hours ago. So far, GV is working fine (though I use it mostly just as a voice mail catcher.) However, it did notify me of a missed call. I haven't sent or received a text from it yet, though I rarely do that. My phone was already provisioned for GV as the voice mail provider, so I didn't have to dial that *72 number to set it up, but going into settings to set GV as my voice mail provider worked fine.

xtr cache2cache installed and seems to be working just fine.

I had those same "insufficient memory" errors on first sync/mass app install, but they all installed manually just fine. I did get a force close on Tweetdeck, but an uninstall/reinstall fixed that.

I love the Google/Cyanogen settings sync - all of my WiFi access points were ready to go. I wish all of the settings would sync, but the ones that do are good enough.

Ok, I'll give this a few days to see how it goes, and we'll see how stable/usable it is.

Upvote 0
I've been using it all day. It seems really smooth, and thie only thing is when I'm trying to reply to a text through the ChompSMS pop-up window the keyboard is REALLY laggy. Other than that, its great, with just a few glitches I've noticed (LP restarted on my as I was exiting the browser-thats about it).

Upvote 0
I've been using it all day as well. This ROM has been blazingly fast. I did have a little trouble with simiclock not updating the time and Go sms not displaying the popup notification, but restarting seems to have fixed this for now.

If I have these problems again, I'll probably check out tazz's ROM until the next version of GSB comes out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones