1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cm7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andygu3, Feb 21, 2011.

1. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Just thought I would share something I saw, these are the nightly builds for the CM7.

Here are the 1/20 GB gapps

For those unfamiliar with CyanogenMod nightlies, these are builds of CM7 that are built every night by a buildbot.

Advertisement

2. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Here is the first nightly that was successfully built:D

3. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

If you are going to try the CM7 nightly, I would highly recommend wiping everything

data/factory reset
    cache
    Dalvik cache
    Format boot
    Format system
    Format cache
    Format data

Flash nightly, flash gapps

4. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

So I am guessing that this is the offshoot of AOSP Android 2.3 ROM that is to become an actual CyanogenMod 7 ROM that I have been hearing about? Thanks for the information, andygu3.

I will have to give this a try later. I always like something new to try when technology is concerned.

5. boblo

boblo Well-Known Member

is this stable?

6. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Android Expert

GPS isn't stable - will lose lock

7. boblo

boblo Well-Known Member

no i mean for the most part

8. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Nandroid your current setup and try it, like any other rom, it may be stable for what you use it for and not someone else;)

9. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Here is the latest nightly for 2/23

10. boblo

boblo Well-Known Member

i think cm7 links arent working

11. srkmagnus

srkmagnus Well-Known Member

boblo, aosp's build is built from the CM7 source, so the Hero nightlies are just as stable. Obviously they won't be the same considering any changes the developers makes to the ROM.

I'm sure aosp will return back to straight AOSP builds once the bugs are out and we'll have two Gingerbread options to work with.

12. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Must have been down for a bit, but they are working again:)

boblo likes this.
  13. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

+1

Hence the reason why I started the thread, I've always felt, the more choices I have, the better my phone will run:D Some roms run better on different phones, with different setups, so...... I love choices;)

To have 2 gingerbread roms, fully functional, is amazing!! Credit goes to the amazing developers:D

14. BTK-appl3killa

BTK-appl3killa Well-Known Member

Agreed, if it wasn't for them who knows where my hero would be right now lol

15. boblo

boblo Well-Known Member

new link to cm7 recently made nightlyhttp://mirror.teamdouche.net/get/cm_heroc_full-6.zip

andygu3 likes this.
  16. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

You need to have the http://..... all by itself, otherwise the link won't work;) Look here for 2/24 nightly

17. boblo

boblo Well-Known Member

whoops ty andygu

18. srkmagnus

srkmagnus Well-Known Member

I flashed the last nightly and the ROM seems good. Things seem good so far and the international roaming thing seems to have gone away. Also, I did notice that the Market now recognizes the Sprint apps section, which did not show up for aosp's builds.

Now that we have options, I'm really looking forward to using my Hero until it's time to upgrade, in October :)

19. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Simply edit your thread and put a space after Nighly ;)

20. boblo

boblo Well-Known Member

are the nightlies just random builds or are they like updated everytime?

21. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

The nightlies are built every night, some nightlies may have bugs, others may run better than others but yes they are built by a buildbot and released every night:p As long as the buildbot does not fail;)

boblo likes this.
  22. boblo

boblo Well-Known Member

i mean are they random or updated like gb

23. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

No, they are not random, they are built every night. Merges to the heroc will be incorporated into the newest nightly.

This CM7 rom is Cyanogen's version of Gingerbread, straight from CyanogenMod source

aospCMod is aosp's version of Gingerbread, working along side of CM7, with his own tweaks and add-ons

boblo likes this.
  24. boblo

boblo Well-Known Member

ok thank you

Tags: