1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

cm7???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by officialmeatg, Sep 3, 2011.

1. officialmeatg

officialmeatg Newbie

quick question. can cyanogen be flashed on prevail?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. maskedviperus

maskedviperus Member

Your answer has been answered many times already within these forums.

CM7 will not work on the prevail

3. jeorgie82

jeorgie82 Newbie

The only way cm7 will work on prevail, it must be upgraded to gingerbread. Prevail aint getting gingerbread yet . By the time you wait for gingerbread updated into Prevail, any amount of money the Prevail might get something better than Gingerbread v2.3.4 .
    Believe me, I tried it several tymes on Rom Manager. The results will be a trashed Prevail for
    unnecessary rebooting. Dont f**k up your phone trying to do it . Samsung Prevail is a great phone . Has more features then any other froyo phones would, in my opinion.

4. benwalburn

benwalburn Android Enthusiast

It is possible to get CM7 on the prevail, however, to do so you must build it yourself. You can't just flash a rom. Someone has to build a CM7 rom for the prevail first.

Shabbypenguin likes this.
  5. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

^this

trust me ive tried building it and we got a kernel panic. i need to take some time and look at the dmsg and see what went screwy and what went wrong. cuz as it stands.. i have no idea

6. moses166

moses166 Member

a shabby did u get help from anybody that know bout kernals?

7. officialmeatg

officialmeatg Newbie

ok thanks guys for your input, im on shabby mob and liking it. just hearing alot about cm7 and how it better then cm6 and other stuff. wanted to see what the hype was about. but anyway thank you all

8. benwalburn

benwalburn Android Enthusiast

CM7's coolest feature, by far is 180 degree screen rotation lol

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews