1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CM9 for gingerbread?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RoujinKarma, Apr 19, 2012.

1. RoujinKarma

RoujinKarma Member

hey everyone, was wondering if there are any cm9 ROMs based on gingerbread for our phones yet? If so, can you point me to where I can find/use them? Thanks :D!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

CM9 will be based on ICS as it uses ICS source code. You'll only get Gingerbread based CM7 ROMs. You might be able to theme a CM7 ROM so that it looks like ICS (unless that's what you're referring to), but a CM9 ROM based on Gingerbread is impossible, sorry.

AndyOpie150 likes this.
  3. RoujinKarma

RoujinKarma Member

Alright, didn't know the difference. Thanks :)

4. roythebell

roythebell Lurker

Sorry if this is stupid question from a newbie, but does this mean you cant jump straight from gingerbread to Cm 9?

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Hi Roy, sorry, it's still relatively early here and my coffee hasn't kicked in yet, so I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

As long as there are CM9 ROMs for your phone, yeah, you should be able to make the jump.

roythebell likes this.
  6. cammykool

cammykool Android Expert

if you have cm7 installed then yes you can update to quattrimus.

roythebell and El Presidente like this.
  7. roythebell

roythebell Lurker

Long story , but at present I have a S2 stock ginger bread XXKH3- Android 2.3.4 The phone was rooted in the past with cm9 but came back from local repair shop this way.

If cm9 is based on ICS does its mean loosely based or it that needs ICS already on the the phone, or will I have to install cm7 first.

If so is cm 9 that much better than cm7 and is best to stay with the kernal that is loaded with it.

Sorry lots of questions but I'm an old newbie.

8. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

If you are asking a question about the galaxy S2, you will have to go to those forums. For this phone, the optimus V, you can go straight from stock froyo to CM9 as easy as 1,2,3......if you know what you're doing.

9. roythebell

roythebell Lurker

Sorry my bad

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews