• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM9 HTC Design 4G Development Thread

Travisholt92

Android Enthusiast
Jun 23, 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Yes it is true, CM9 is FINALLY based roms are finally being developed by 2fast4u88 and his crew.

Here is the FIRST working CM9 rom released thus far (as of 8/10/12)

http://2fastroms.com/development/2f...uZiiOnZz/cm-9-20120808-UNOFFICIAL-kingdom.zip

Thanks for this rom goes out to 2fast4u88 and Cookiefrog from 2fastroms.com

*disclaimer* I took no part in the making of this rom, just showing all of you eager individuals of what is starting to happen :).

In this release of the bugs (that i am aware of) are of course:
Camera
GPS
BT
and a bug with the status bar toggles.

Working:
3g
MMS
SMS
Calling
(must install Gapps to get google services working).

ENJOY :D

Please keep in mind I have only been running this a short time but so far everything is smooth....

I made an addition to the Permissions folder under /system/etc.
After looking through each .xml doc on the stock rom I saw there was a permission in there that gave the HTC framework (Sense) files to use Pmem.

This was com.htc.framework.xml. By making the following edit I have made it so the cm9 framework can utilize these same resources. This is at the bottom of the document. Edit using Notepad++.

<!-- to grant access to pmem devices for graphics. -->
<permission name="internal.permission.APP_PMEM" >
<group gid="graphics" />
</permission>

<library name="framework"
file="/system/framework/framework.jar" />

Let me know how it works for you.

Upvote 0
Half of the issues with the above is done or will be fixed. Though jellybeans are always better or should I say a lot smoother :)

And from another thread opened this morning...

... Though thanks, may like something else in a few days :p

2Fast, I may be totally misunderstanding you, but are you working on jellybean for the Design?

Upvote 0
Smoother. I agree and the animations for the first time are to my liking...

Check my dev folder under cm10 in case I am not online later as emailing you always gets me sent to your spam folder - u need to change that filtering rule...

:p

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2 running some ROM or another....

Upvote 0
Smoother. I agree and the animations for the first time are to my liking...

Check my dev folder under cm10 in case I am not online later as emailing you always gets me sent to your spam folder - u need to change that filtering rule...

:p

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2 running some ROM or another....

damn it!!!! i want jellybean!!! :p:eek:

Upvote 0
Well I was just hinting a little, though someone let the cat out of the bag. I got pissed off at cm9's source. It is missing bits, The gcc version wasn't working kindly with build and other little issues. So I moved to jellybean, where it is booted and the working list as follows.

No fc's or egl issues like cm9
Ril works
Data
Calling
Sound
Mic
Rear Cam
Soft Keys
Overall isn't bad
Gps

What is broke is:
Wifi, Bluetooth, Front Cam, Video Recording and other misc issues. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones