1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cm9 on boost Galaxy S2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zombu2, Sep 15, 2012.

1. zombu2

zombu2 Well-Known Member

Today we are gonna install cm9 on your shiny new Samsung Galaxy S2 from boost

I am not responsible for sudden combustion of your phone or other things that might go wrong

First i want to thank the People that made this possible

Sextape - from the sxtp-forum (for providing the leaked rom )
    garwynn - from the sxtp-forum (for providing the sprint FI03 files)
    sfhub - from XDA (for providing the autoroot Prog)

now lets get busy

First we need a couple of files

Sextape has asked not to link the files directly so i will link to the appropriate thread

Files we need

Sprint FI03 rooted rom
    Autoroot to install CWM
    Cm9-D710-Beta1
    Gapps

Put the CM9 zip and the gapps.zip on your sdcard

1: Run the Fi03 self extracting file and extract it to wherever you want
    2: Put the phone into download mode (turn phone off then hit VOL- + Power until you see a menu then hit vol up to start download mode
    3: Start the odin sprint file make sure that the phone is beeing seen by odin (if not unplug usb and replug )
    if everything is ok hit start and wait till flash is finished and phone reboots
    4: When phone is booted enable USB Debugging and make sure that usb storage is disabled
    5: Start autoroot as administrator then hit D then E (we want to install SPH-D710_FI03_CL1083465_Rooted_Restore_v2)
    6: When finished Turn the phone off then hit VOL+ + Power to get into CWM
    7: Wipe Data and cache then proceed to install CM9 then Gapps
    8: Profit

Boot might take a couple minutes so be patient

In the event that you want to go back to stock or you somehow break your rom you running

Odin Stock rom
    Odin

If you liked this and it was usefull for you please hit the thnx button

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zombu2

zombu2 Well-Known Member

The same instructions apply if you want to install the unofficial CM10 on it .
    Just use the cm10 files

3. Wintafr3sh

Wintafr3sh Lurker

Sorry if this is a dumb question but do i have to first be rooted before doing this method?? & if not will this give my phone root & lastly did u try the above method on a boost mobile galaxy s2 version 4.0.4?? Thnx in advance

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

I've removed a few needless posts and have a couple of comments.

As per our site rules (linked in my sig), either answer questions or don't, smart alec responses aren't welcome. If you're on the receiving end of a response you believe uncalled for, hit the report button and one of us will look in to it.

Attack issues, not other members.

5. dhabell

dhabell Well-Known Member

I have the Boost Mobile version. SPH-D710BST on FG31.

Will the Samsung Drivers and Odin I have been using for my Boost Prevail work on this phone? or do I have to try to find new ones somewhere?

also the first two links are to other threads, not files. Which files am I supposed to choose?

6. Netcat

Netcat Android Enthusiast

I've never done this before so please bear with me...

-What is step #8 referring to? Profit?

-After everything has successfully completed, will the phone automatically connect and be able to make phone calls and also data? Or are there some other settings that must be entered? If so, do you know those settings?

THANKS!

7. dhabell

I get stuck on #3
    If your talking about the file named "SPH-D710_FI03_CL1083465_Rooted_Restore_OC" that was extracted from the file named "SPH-D710_FI03_CL1083465_Rooted_Restore_OC" that was found at your first link, then it's broken. Nothing happens when you click on it. I noticed it didnt have an extension. It also wont go in the PIT, Bootloader, PDA, Phone or CSC boxes in Odin.
    I tired putting a .exe at the end but that didnt help either?

8. dhabell

ok I figured out my prob with number 3. I had to add an .exe at the end of the extracted file and run as admin.

now Im stuck on number 5. I extracted efgtauto but when you open the folder there is only one .exe. file. I ran it as admin and a black box opened, it scrolled through several pages of white text really fast then automatically closed. there was no chance to choose D then E.

So then I downloaded the other file, e4gtauto-lite-sfx.exe. (I chose the Full verssion, but theh file name still says lite for some reason). I chose D then E but then the USB Drivers broke. Maybe from flashing the Odin file? I reinstalled the drivers to no avail. I keep getting an error message that states "Hardware Id Missing" "Windows cannot identify the device plugged into the SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device"

please help.

edit.
    it works. Im up and running.
    just had to delete the old drivers and fiddle with device manager, then reinstall them.

9. notebooko

notebooko Android Enthusiast

Lol. Profit is just something that people say when you're done and you get to enjoy what has been done basically. It should all work once it is all flashed.

10. Farru503

Farru503 Well-Known Member

Where can I get cm10 for the boost mobile version...?

Another question is...is it possible to flash ROMs from the sprint version on the boost one???
    Thanks

11. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Android Expert

Just wanted to inform everyone we now have a forum dedicated for Samsung galaxy s2 (boost mobile). Let's get it populated and anyone with information on root or working roms plz populate the atr thread and get our dev community into motion

12. nut4692000

nut4692000 Lurker

For the life of me i can not find the autoroot program, i have everything else and the autoroot link you provide takes me to the XDA page and i still don't see a download for an autoroot

Ok i found the e4gt packages

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews