1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CM9 on my motorola triumph not working? PLEASE HELP?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Layc, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Layc

Layc Lurker

okay, so i followed the videos and everything on youtube, and the ROM was working perfectly accept the camera (which i didnt know wasnt supposed to work) so i came home and tried to delete the CM9 ROM/ GAPPS/ CWM RECOVERY and now it stopped working, so i redid everything and this little android pops up on my phone and says to start the setup but when i click on it , it says setup wizard has stopped working. and it wont goto the home screen or anything. PLEASE help, i really need my phone!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. You see this is my exactly the reason I'm too afraid and too technically challenged to root my phone and install roms, everyone on this board says its sooo easy but then sh*t like this happens to people. Sry man hope someone can fix it.

3. buzzcon

buzzcon Android Enthusiast

There are a number of ways to get your phone working.

1. Re-start in Recovery (do this by holding the volume up and down buttons as well as the power button at the same time), install the recovery of the factory ROM (you did make a back up right?). Be sure to do a factory reset/wipe and clear the *Dalvik Cache before restoring.

2. You could re-flash CM9 if you still have it on your Micro SD card. Be sure to do a factory reset/wipe and clear the *Dalvik Cache before flashing.

3. If you cannot do either of these, pull your SD card, put it in the adapter it came with and put it in your computer (if you have a card reader) then download and save the ROM zip to the root of your SD card. Be sure to grab the GAPPS zip for the selected ROM if needed. Put the Micro SD card in you phone and flash that ROM to your phone and flash GAPPS after flashing the ROM. Be sure to do a factory reset/wipe and clear the *Dalvik Cache before flashing.

*To clear Dalvik Cache, just go into "Advanced" from the CWM Recovery main menu.

4. g60madman

g60madman Guest

Sh*t like this happens when you go deleting stuff. There is easy processes for adding and removing Roms just need to read the forums and take your time. If your stuck just ask. Everyone is here to help :) if you can make roman noodles and follow the package instructions, you can root your phone. It really is that easy. If you break your phone we can help you fix it 9 times out of 10.

5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Moved to All Things Root.

6. perfectstranger

perfectstranger Well-Known Member

Not a very optimistic outlook from optimisticgurl! :p

Just rooted my Triumph and flashed a ROM last month. Was the first time ever for me. Read the instructions, gather all the files you'll need, read instructions again, follow instructions. Everything worked out great.

7. sikk66

sikk66 Member

If there ever were a phone to get your feet wet installing ROMs, the Triumph is it. It really doesn't get any easier in my opinion. Great phone for learning, so that when you upgrade to another phone you will already have some experience under your belt.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews