1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CM9 + sd-ext????

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TPMeader, Apr 13, 2012.

1. TPMeader

TPMeader Newbie

I was just curious if anyone had figured this out yet. There is Link2sd, but what about DTA2SD or Hroark's cool little automatic fix? Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Xruptor

Xruptor Android Enthusiast

This one uses Link2SD.

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/523214-rom-cm9-kang-alpha.html

I've tried to use Data2SD in the past on CM9 and couldn't get it to work properly. You have to understand that CM9 is programmed completely different from CM7. In fact most of the algorithms use new techniques and most of the old stuff doesn't work with it. This is one of the problem that Hroark was facing.

CM9 is in extreme ALPHA and should be treated as such ;) It's not release and it still has lots of bugs. Now that Hroark has moved on from the prevail to the Warp, I don't expect it ever to be finished or in release form and if there are updates it will few and far between. This includes MIUI. (This is my opinion of course)

I'm using CM7 and it's as close to release as you can get. Aside from the MMS over WiFI issue it's pretty much complete. It's extremely stable and functions perfectly aside from a few tiny issues once in awhile.

Please see:

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...iui-alphas-updated-03-20-a-3.html#post4193556

Hope this answers your question.

3. TPMeader

TPMeader Newbie

It does. and I love cm7. But I got hooked on the look and feel of cm9 when trying the alpha. So far the only problems I had found are known, such as the camera and random restarts with the overclock. Other than that, it was damn smooth. :)

Sent from my prevail using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

4. Xruptor

Xruptor Android Enthusiast

CM9 is a great mod :) Don't give up hope! I've mention this before but we have such a bright bunch of people on these forums. With a little greasework and some teamwork I'm sure CM9 will turn out fine. It just won't happen as fast as some folks would like.

If you come across something for CM9 don't hesitate to share it with us!

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews