1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CM9 Stable Out - But none for the DHD

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ral, Aug 11, 2012.

1. ral

ral Android Expert

On way... or are we doomed here too?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

I know that on the CyanogenMod website it said that it would becoming to the DHD but, as ICS didn't come/isn't coming officially, the drivers won't have been released, which could be a cause for things not working properly. That said, there is an unofficial CM9 thread linked in the ATR sticky, so it could be possible...

ral and scotty85 like this.
  3. ral

ral Android Expert

Was wondering since there are several phone with a stable CM9 release which do not have an iCS version.

4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Perhaps the CM9 for other phones you've seen are unofficial versions.

I remember seeing something on the Cyanogen website, some sort of chart where they basically said that, if your phone was getting ICS officially, then there was a very good chance that they would be bringing CM9 to your device officially.

When the announcement came that the DHD was not gonna be getting ICS officially, I was most disappointed, as I loved CM7 and couldn't wait for CM9! :(

5. ral

ral Android Expert

The phones without an official ICS ROM with CM9 are the Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy Tab and the Sony Xperia Play.

6. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

id have to do some googling,but i thot all those devices had offical ICS releases?

while i am a huge cm fan,and love official support with nightly builds, im pretty happy to have at leas unofficial versions! ice cold sammich is AOKP,wich is based on AOSP code,and uses alot of CM tweaks and features. youd honestly have a hard time telling the difference.

plus we do have unoficial cm9: [ROM][07-11-2012] UNOFFICIAL Cyanogenmod 9|ICS 4.0.4|HTC Ace - xda-developers

and unofficial cm10: [ROM] UnOfficial CyanogenMod10 Nightlies - xda-developers

plus dont forget jelly time,wich is up to beta 12 JellyBean - JELLYTIME for DHD/Inspire4g - Beta 12 Available - xda-developers

and even AOKP jellytime :eek: AOKP JellyTime Builds - Beta 1 available - xda-developers

so its not like were stuck(like the rezound :mad:) desensing stock roms and trying to theme them like AOSP cause we cant get the radios working with the real thing,we ACE users at least have a good selection of real AOSP to chose from! :smokingsomb:

D-U-R-X likes this.
  7. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

CM9, CM10 nightlies and JellyTime are all in the ATR sticky too :)

8. Mehta23

Mehta23 Android Expert

Just counting on that kernal being released....

9. ral

ral Android Expert

AFAIK none of this three. The only one I can confirm personally is the Samsung Galaxy Tab (P1) since I have one. I am a bit confused though if P1 refers to the P1000. or the WiFi only P1010.

On the plus side, there has been movement in the camera issue for Sense ICS ROM's at XDA. Sense 3.6 or 4.0A might be a nice place for a DHD to stay at before it retires. But I won't rush and install the fixes.

I am pretty much done with ARHD 6.3.3, just added a couple of mods, and have a current Nandroid Backup.

Too a look at Ice Cold Sandwich during the heavy flooding here. I think I will go back work on making a CM 7.2 I am happy with. If anything goes wrong, a Nandroid recovery is just 4 minutes away :)

I would have preferred CM9 so I would use the APEX launcher instead.

scotty85 likes this.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews