• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

icedice34

Feb 24, 2012
Hey All,

On my old Droid X I LOVED CM7. Now I've read getting CM9 to work on Rezound has not been so good. Still seems like some are stable now. I'm wondering, have any of you used a stable CM9?

The big things I would require to use it is:
Netflix/Streaming video
Bluetooth Phone/Media
Camera
Obviously:
Phone
4g/3g
messaging etc.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hey All,

On my old Droid X I LOVED CM7. Now I've read getting CM9 to work on Rezound has not been so good. Still seems like some are stable now. I'm wondering, have any of you used a stable CM9?

The big things I would require to use it is:
Netflix/Streaming video
Bluetooth Phone/Media
Camera
Obviously:
Phone
4g/3g
messaging etc.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

cm9 actually is pretty stable,the last bug is bluetooth calls. media works fine- i can listen to pandora or iheartradio with no prollems. there were apparently some multi-touch issues that i didnt notice since im not a big gamer,but those look to be fixed now.

i only used it for a couple hours becasue i gotta have BT,but it seemed fast,smooth and stable.

if youve got a a few spare hours to try it you wont need BT defiantely give it a shot.

hopefully the BT bug is close to being fixed also,in the AOSP development thread someone said he was going to test a fix. keepin fingers crossed ;)

regular phone calls,sms,and mms were all fine for me. data was stable the short time i ran it,and gps locked right away on over 9 satelites.

Upvote 0
cm9 actually is pretty stable,the last bug is bluetooth calls. media works fine- i can listen to pandora or iheartradio with no prollems. there were apparently some multi-touch issues that i didnt notice since im not a big gamer,but those look to be fixed now.

i only used it for a couple hours becasue i gotta have BT,but it seemed fast,smooth and stable.

if youve got a a few spare hours to try it you wont need BT defiantely give it a shot.

hopefully the BT bug is close to being fixed also,in the AOSP development thread someone said he was going to test a fix. keepin fingers crossed ;)

regular phone calls,sms,and mms were all fine for me. data was stable the short time i ran it,and gps locked right away on over 9 satelites.

Fair enough. If you hear about a version with stable blue tooth, want to post here? I'll do the same.

Upvote 0
id keep an eye on the one in the first post: [ROMs][9/21/2012] Cyanogen Mod 9 [MEGATHREAD][CDMA] - xda-developers

i think its pretty stupid theyve started a "mega thread" with multiple roms,but whatever ;)

GrayTheWolf is building pure cm9 direct from chads fixes,so it will be the one that is not goofed up with other devs mods or tweeks.

i will post up for sure as soon as they figure it out... its drivin me nuts. i cAN run cm9 and cm10 on other phones,but i am sensed out on the rezound,fo sho,lol

Upvote 0
id keep an eye on the one in the first post: [ROMs][9/21/2012] Cyanogen Mod 9 [MEGATHREAD][CDMA] - xda-developers

i think its pretty stupid theyve started a "mega thread" with multiple roms,but whatever ;)

GrayTheWolf is building pure cm9 direct from chads fixes,so it will be the one that is not goofed up with other devs mods or tweeks.

i will post up for sure as soon as they figure it out... its drivin me nuts. i cAN run cm9 and cm10 on other phones,but i am sensed out on the rezound,fo sho,lol

I really do like Nils Business sense with Sense 4.0 (Vs. 2.6 is currently installed as of yesterday). Very stable, functional, and everything works. That being said, a stable CM9 with everything working would be AWESOME!!

Upvote 0
Don't all of these AOSP roms have the issues where if you accidently go into network settings you lose data on the ROM till you flash back to a sense ROM?

my understanding was if you changed the setting to something other than lte/cdma you would not be able to change it back without reflashing the rom.

i havent heard that bit about having to flash back to a sense rom.

Reactions: bigbabys
Upvote 0
my understanding was if you changed the setting to something other than lte/cdma you would not be able to change it back without reflashing the rom.

i havent heard that bit about having to flash back to a sense rom.

If this is the case I might be willing to give it a try. My understanding was that if you went into your network settings you lost data. That sounded too icky for me :p

Upvote 0
I'm using IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo's "Rage" CM9 ROM, and it doesn't have the bug with network settings. I lost 4G once (just went down to 3G) and turning on Airplane mode and then back off made 4G work again. Supposedly AOKP-based ROMS are the ones that have that issue the most.

Call quality has been a little scratchy, but not too annoying, but the new Rage 1.7 supposedly has some tweaks. Try it out, it's smooth.

Upvote 0
I'm using IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo's "Rage" CM9 ROM, and it doesn't have the bug with network settings. I lost 4G once (just went down to 3G) and turning on Airplane mode and then back off made 4G work again. Supposedly AOKP-based ROMS are the ones that have that issue the most.

Call quality has been a little scratchy, but not too annoying, but the new Rage 1.7 supposedly has some tweaks. Try it out, it's smooth.

Have you tried 1.7? Any info on how it runs and call quality? I can't do it without bluetooth and bt calling so I'm not sure if I want to try it quite yet.

Upvote 0
So I think I might have time to give rage a try this weekend. Is there anything I need to know going to an aosp rom? Can I still wipe and install a backup of my current rom if I'm unhappy with it? Or does it change to much and would require like an ruu or something?

Thanks!

nope,its just a simple rom flash. the only thing different is the fact that AOSP roms will usually require a seperate flash of google proprietary apps

-fastboot boot amon
-make backup
-full wipe
-flash rom
-flash gapps
-reboot

if you dont like it,it is as simple as resrtoring a working backup.

im starting to be extremely agitated with the persistance of this BT prollem. i hope it gets worked out soon,as i cant live without it either. :mad:

i havent run anything recently,but even the early roms were really smooth and stable.

Upvote 0
nope,its just a simple rom flash. the only thing different is the fact that AOSP roms will usually require a seperate flash of google proprietary apps

-fastboot boot amon
-make backup
-full wipe
-flash rom
-flash gapps
-reboot

if you dont like it,it is as simple as resrtoring a working backup.

im starting to be extremely agitated with the persistance of this BT prollem. i hope it gets worked out soon,as i cant live without it either. :mad:

i havent run anything recently,but even the early roms were really smooth and stable.

Sounds like the rage thing has worked out the bt issues? Reading through the latest release notes sounds like call quality is greatly improved. I'll let you know when I get time to install what I find out.

Upvote 0
Sounds like the rage thing has worked out the bt issues? Reading through the latest release notes sounds like call quality is greatly improved. I'll let you know when I get time to install what I find out.

maybe? i see references to "better call quality" but nothing about BT,good or bad. youd think if it was working hed mention it. on the other hand he acts like there arent any bugs.

defiantely let me know when you flash it if BT works... im totally sensed out,lol.

if nothing else i may give it a flash tomoro :D

Upvote 0
maybe? i see references to "better call quality" but nothing about BT,good or bad. youd think if it was working hed mention it. on the other hand he acts like there arent any bugs.

defiantely let me know when you flash it if BT works... im totally sensed out,lol.

if nothing else i may give it a flash tomoro :D

Well I ended up leaving town for the weekend with an ipad and my rezound, so the earliest I'd flash is Monday. I'm either flashing newts updated xXX, or rage. I guess you will have to let me know!

Upvote 0
Call quality is better with rage 1.8, but voice over blue tooth is still not fixed. Data over blue tooth works tho.

I've been running RAGE for about three weeks now, it's very stable and saves battery life over a sense rom but in my experience not a huge difference. The big plus is the pure Google experience, hard to describe but it's just cleaner and less laggy than sense can be, just fits my brain if that makes sense.

I do miss the really nice HTC Sense camera, however, the AOSP camera isn't as easy to use and depending on the rom, may lack face detection and auto focus features that HTC camera has.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
sounds like not much of a reason for me to try it then :(

I gave it a shot today anyway. I thought I'd see how it works. Rage looks AWESOME. Run's super smooth. Only ran it for about a half hour then ran a restore of Newts XxX. I really am sad that the bluetooth voice doesn't work because I would be switched immediately and permanently onto CM9. I really hope someone puts together a CM9 based rom that has working BT!!!

Also the SD cards being switched messed with me. I couldn't figure out how to get mybackup pro to use the other SD card to find my backups.

Upvote 0
I really am sad that the bluetooth voice doesn't work because I would be switched immediately and permanently onto CM9. I really hope someone puts together a CM9 based rom that has working BT!

you and me both bro! its drivin me nutso. :mad: every other phone i own has very functional jelly bean roms,yet my daily driven device doesnt even have ICS figured out yet :(

Upvote 0
The other sdcard partition, aka /sdcard2 in sense, is now called /emmc in CM9

I use TiBu, but you should be able to just change your backup location in your apps preferences.

I am no expert but it seems like the blue tooth bug is a firmware level issue caused by HTC not releasing source for all of what it considers sense. Like, they wrote a custom driver for blue tooth that only works with a sense rom installed. Maybe it's something that can be fixed, like how using the front camera with AOSP used to not work but now it does.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones