• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help C'mon man, get me Emoji!!!

Hey all,

I searched this subject before posting the question, so my apologies if there are other thread(s) covering this. I didn't find any other threads with any useful information.

I recently upgraded from an iPhone to a Droid Incredible. Love the phone, and in the few months since getting it, I have found either the exact app or a close correlate on the Android Market. Hmm, except for Good Reader (a .pdf viewer that syncs with Google Docs), and Emoji keyboard.

I play Storm8 games on my phone, and Emoji is essentially a cultural thing for the gamers. Additionally, my wife still uses an iPhone, and she obviously adores the emoticons. And yes, I do still like the Android emoticons.

Gimme some love here. I want to hear that there is an emoji program coming or that there is a reasonable workaround for Android.

Thanks all, and here's to many awesome years using Android phones!!!

~phil
(US Droid Incredible user on Verizon)

Have you tried goomoji or KeitaiText from the market?

The latter seems to be like an additional SMS app for emoji... I don't think you'll ever get your support in Storm 8 games. Emoji are not in Android, so they cannot be enabled like in the iPhone. Every app who wants to use it would need to implement it... Maybe storm8 can contact the dev of goomoji or KeitaiText?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones