1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cmon people! How is it?!?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dwhip25, Feb 13, 2011.

1. dwhip25

dwhip25 Member

I am sure you all are immersed in your phones, but for those of us living vicariously through you until we can upgrade, how is it? Is it worth it? Tell us what you think please!!! Also, nominees for best poster that disappeared with his phone are: Andrea and MarcMaiden. :).

Advertisement

2. lsutigers03

lsutigers03 Android Enthusiast

It's been great for me. I'm actually surprised at how smooth it is. If I didn't see all the beautiful sense widgets I would think I was using iOS. When I put the phone down to charge I grabbed my iPhone and my first reaction was to squint. The screen on this thing is big and it looks great. I'm happier than I thought I would be.

3. checkride

checkride Newbie

It is very worth it. I'm coming from a iPhone 3GS. There are so many options for this phone software-wise. I love Android now! The most notable: Huge screen that is pretty sharp. I am a very happy camper! My girlfriend has an iPhone 4 and she is sooo jealous.

4. rmreid

rmreid Android Enthusiast

Came from an HTC Droid Incredible and so far so good - The new HTC sense 2.0 is smoother than what I had on my Incredible. The battery door is a PITA like everyone has already stated and I'm on my 2nd charge of the battery already :D
    Screen size is great and the phone feels good (balanced) and easy to use when texting or surfing the web. I haven't used the camera as of yet.

Just ran a quadrant benchmark and it pulled a 1776

5. Yea this phone is awesome. :)

6. dwhip25

dwhip25 Member

So you climbed out of bed with your phone long enough to post 1 sentence. Hehe.

7. Loiselle

Loiselle Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's pretty awesome.

8. chief113

chief113 Well-Known Member

I have always had blackberry. ATT is the best coverage in my area. Never liked apple. Anyway, I got so sick of blackberry that last summer I kept visiting the verizon store and drooling over the Droid X. This manager ended up basically giving me 400 bucks and a free personal cell tower to switch. Verizon's service was so bad that I had to switch back. But to get back on track, my feeling was that the X was very laggy. This phone is not at all. It really is amazing. And I didn't have it with the X, but swiftkey is the best keyboard I have ever used. Rhapsody works perfectly on it. And I don't think the battery is bad at all. I could not be happier.

dwhip25 likes this.
  9. pinbak

pinbak Well-Known Member

Battery door isn't bad for me, I just put my finger nail in the slot and pry it apart, must be all those years of precesion sheet metal! :)

The screen is actually nice, not as bright as a samoled, I have the captivate and focus and those screens are brighter, but this screen seems smoother, like it's not trying to burn your retina! It's lightning fast and smooth scrolling, nothing like a wp7, but I believe those use hardware acceleration. Call quality is fine, its not absolutely fantastic but it's not bad either.

Build quality is fantastic. That bottom part doesn't feel slopy at all, it fits snug. You can definitely tell the phone is made of a solid metal machined all in one. It does feel slightly heavy but nothing terribly bad.

Apps look absolutley wonderful on the large screen. Market place loads great, no lag. browser works fine, no lag. Haven't really tested too much things such as flash or played any games, like dungeon defender or anything but I do have them downloaded.

Really only complaint I have, speaker is not that loud, I mean you can hear it. But put it next to a samsung focus and you will definitely tell the difference!

Overall impression is, the phone is absolutely fantastic!!!!

AND:

THE GPS WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dwhip25 likes this.

10. Lol actually been at work all day have a little down time

11. dwhip25

dwhip25 Member

That sucks man. Just playing around. Also I'm jealous because I can't get the phone until March. :).

12. djfbaby1

djfbaby1 Newbie

I love the phone so far.

13. Edge1978

Edge1978 Member

I love it! the only regret that I have is buying the Anti Glare screen protector, I think I am going to travel to best buy this weekend and see if they'll have the zagg protector yet. I have the Zagg on my iPhone 4 and it brings out the colors beautifully

14. Ah that isn't horrible. It sucks but not bad

15. superspartan

superspartan Lurker

I'm really interested to hear what former iPhone owners have to say. I'm a big Apple fan (and Mac owner), but I might be ready to move on from my 3GS. I was at an AT&T store today and played with the Inspire, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. It was quite impressive, but something about the feel of the browser just didn't seem as fluid as my 3GS.

16. spoiler61

spoiler61 Newbie

I love this phone, I was getting it to just hold me over until the atrix arrived, but I think I will keep this phone for a while, it does everything I need it to do..good graphics, very responsive and fast, best phone I have ever owned..Im comming over from a Iphone 3G, This blows iphone away..IMO

17. dwhip25

dwhip25 Member

So judging by your lack of posts and MarcMaiden's silence I should assume this phone isn't awesome enough to get me out of work. :)

18. rewd

rewd Newbie

I had to register for this forum just to post in this thread...

Can any of you guys give a review of AT&T's HSPA+ service so far if you have it?? AT&T and Verizon both have excellent coverage here but I have some issues getting a decent signal in the building I work in for streaming music during the day. My coworkers on Verizon have no problems at all--I was hoping the enhanced back haul service might make up for that.

19. onelownismo

onelownismo Newbie

I'm coming from an iphone 3gs and all I can say is Wow. This phone is amazing. It blows the iphone away in my opinion. I was the first person to buy one from the store today according to the salesman.

Rewd, I've only been playing with it for a little while now but the service seems great. I've had great reception all day.

20. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Android Enthusiast

haha ive been stuck at work all day! we sold so many of these things! I'm just now getting home and getting a chance to play with it. My coworkers kept taking my phone and showing customers lol.

now for the challenge....customizing my phone to my liking.
    has anyone figured out how to limit the # of homescreens in sense? 7 is wayyy too much for me

21. No the problem is i love it to much im busy playing with it :)

22. coreymcl

coreymcl Well-Known Member

I am big Apple fan, name a Apple device and I own it if not more than one. I picked up a Inspire 4G to replace my iPhone 4 32GB only because I've owned every iPhone model since it was released and thought it was just time for a change. This device lives up to all my expectations in responsiveness, ease of use and build quality just to name a few. Some of the simple things I'm really enjoying include Live Wallpaper (Matrix code themed), and ability to customize my home screens.

Over the next few days I plan on writing up a detailed review. I hope this provides you a perspective from the point of view of another person who has embraced the dream of Apple and it products.

Free feel to ask any question you have.

AndreaCristiano and Edge1978 like this.
  23. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation

Ha ha same here. I won't say absolutely NO to the Atrix but this phone is slowly winning me over.

24. OOOOHHHH yeeeeeeaaaaa????? NICE!!!

25. Chapp1e

Chapp1e Android Enthusiast

this phone = tits. One of the best feeling devices I've ever owned. the entire thing just feels like quality.

It feels slimmer, lighter and sturdier than anything I've ever used, despite that not being the case. This is a complete testament to how well it has been built. Combine that with it's awesome screen size and there is no way you can have anything not to love.