• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cmw 5.0.2.8?

micku92

Dec 2, 2011
Hello, yesterday, I tried to install Admired Legend, I did all the steps, I went back to 5.0.2.7 in order to install the rom, but now I am stuck in 5.2.0.7 and I can't install the Admired Legend rom becuase I can't mount system (I get the error: ERROR: Can't mount system!)
And now I am looking to go back to monster 5.3 but I need 5.0.2.8, yes, I've searched in the forum and even on google but all the links are dead.
If anyone could provide me the CMW recovery 5.2.0.8 I would really appreciate it!

that mounting problem is a simple fix mate. you can simple restore a backup made or do what is here: http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/561991-how-fix-e-cant-mount-cache-cwm.html

and for the cwm:

req0's oc 900 kernel:
CM72RC1-OCKernel900MHz-requisite0.zip
^^ dont particualrly need this one casue the kernelcwm one below has it. you would only need this if you used the standalone cwm zip: openzio.rtrnetwork.com/openzio/OpenAndroid/utils/CWM-5.0.2.8-Standalone.zip
copy and paste that into the url to just get cwm

req0's cwm (5.0.2.8):
CM72RC1-Beta1-KernelCWM-requisite0.zip

courtesy of nasstyrome's dropbox and Spz0's Open Android thread/rom

Reactions: micku92
Upvote 0
that mounting problem is a simple fix mate. you can simple restore a backup made or do what is here: http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/561991-how-fix-e-cant-mount-cache-cwm.html

and for the cwm:

req0's oc 900 kernel:
CM72RC1-OCKernel900MHz-requisite0.zip
^^ dont particualrly need this one casue the kernelcwm one below has it. you would only need this if you used the standalone cwm zip: openzio.rtrnetwork.com/openzio/OpenAndroid/utils/CWM-5.0.2.8-Standalone.zip
copy and paste that into the url to just get cwm

req0's cwm (5.0.2.8):
CM72RC1-Beta1-KernelCWM-requisite0.zip

courtesy of nasstyrome

Thank you very much, the fix for mounting system doesn't work though, but I am now able to go back to my old rom :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones