• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CNN: 80% of android users won't buy another android phone???

I really only need the one phone... Anyway, it doesn't say 80% wouldn't, only that 20% would. Most were probably "undecided" or somesuch.

What I wonder is how many Android users know they're using Android. I see so many ads for Android-based phones that don't even mention it.

Yeah it's not as if Apple is marketing iOS. They are marketing the iPhone/iPad/iPod.

Upvote 0
they keep hammering the nail in their own coffin.... CNN is a joke. they have been for quite some time. 3rd rate hacks as journalists. all the good ones they had are too old to be on HD t.v., and therefore are relegated to blogging, if not grazing in pastures.

even if the numbers were accurate, add the fact pointed out above about ppl not knowing, combine the fact that the number of users has doubled in less than a year, and it would be easy to imagine those numbers changing EVERY day for years to come.

Upvote 0
wolf-blitzer-jeopardy.jpg

Fail.

Reactions: Connectz
Upvote 0
like I'm going to believe a CNN poll...

No kidding. Did you guys read that trash?

CNN said:
[Carl] Howe says, "Verizon has been regretting turning away Apple for the last three years."

Absolute garbage.

Verizon would no doubt love to have the iPhone, but Apple probably doesn't exactly enjoy their Droid lineup and the famous Droid Does marketing campaign that kicked it off.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty suspicious of this poll. Sounds like AT&T commissioned a poll from the Yankee Group to tell them what they want to hear. I just don't believe that only 20% of Android users are satisfied. If that is true, it's a complete disaster (on par with the Microsoft Kin) and Google would be folding their tent right now.

Upvote 0
I believe the numbers about ATT and Apple. I've talked to Apple fanboys who freely and readily admit that their phones suck balls as phones. I talked to one the other day who admitted that they really can't use their iPhone as a phone because they can't get a reliable signal and drop calls all the time. They still love their iPhone and say they'd still go buy another iPhone knowing everything they know about it now. They actually carry two phones with them - an iPhone and another phone that they actually use to call people with. Dumbest thing I ever heard.

I really want to see the survey on Android users though.

Upvote 0
I also find this pretty funny. When I took back my iPhone 4 they were shocked and most of the people in the store were rlly clueless to the other dozen problems the iPhone 4 were having other then signal. Stopped back in after switching to them telling me they have had a few others finally start to bring them back and go with the Captivate. I would love to have an Evo or X but in my area AT&T has the best service and customer service right now. Either way this poll seems very odd, I would love to know how they did the poll exactly and how people were asked. If they polled people in stores well of course they would get responses like this due to almost everyone at an AT&T store has an iPhone lol hahaha. Funny tho no one at my store locally owns an iPhone 4 lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones