1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CNN: 80% of android users won't buy another android phone???

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by gwlaw99, Jul 23, 2010.

1. darreno1

darreno1 Android Enthusiast

Nice to see Android has its own Police Department, lol.

Advertisement

2. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Well-Known Member

CNN is nothing but lies and pure Propaganda!!!

You can't believe anything from the CNN whackjobs !!!

3. badankles

badankles Android Expert

the iphone is nice, but in order to get it to do more than what apple allows, one would have to buy another iphone a year or so later for the next model. Also, iphone users got stuck using itunes and itunes doesn't play well with anything but apple products, so it's too hard for iphone users to move off the phone.

android is so customizable, even those with the first one is still able to make it work for them via rooting and self upgrading.

so, i can see that android users won't need to buy another phone for a while.

4. haddock

haddock Member

5. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Android Enthusiast

I bet some of the people in this thread screaming about CNN also think Fox News is "fair and balanced". I weep for humanity.

6. BadSectorGR

BadSectorGR Newbie

Wtf? Come on cnn is for propaganda only and big supporter of capitalism. Last week switched from iphone to desire and one thing is for sure: iphone never again, android only...
    Al jazeera should do same poll :)

7. janda001

janda001 Lurker

Looks like an AT&T poll not an android poll. Up until just recently there were no good Android phones on AT&T network. They had a few mediocure phones but did anyone take the Backflip seriously??? On July 18th AT&T stepped up to the plate with a real Android-worthy phone with the Galaxy S series phone called Captivate. THIS phone goes blow to blow with the iphone4. I think I smell an iphone killer here!

8. jamor

jamor Android Expert

Self promoting propaganda isn't hard to pull off on the interwebs.

Don't believe any of the crap you read or see.

9. stainlessray

stainlessray Android Enthusiast

it's not?????????????????????????????:eek:

lol, it is more accurately a "fair balance" to the CNN dominance on cable for sooo long. they invented the biased cable network. ratings suggest fox is mucch better at it!

10. serpa4

serpa4 Android Expert

The poll might be right. Think about this...most people are loyal to what they just spent $100s on.
    If iPhone rules the market as it does now, say 80% of smart phone users and Android is say 20% of the market, then you have a poll asking if you like your phone, then there is only 20% of the market to say they like android cause the other 80% have the iphone. If 80% of the market has an iPhone, they how can you expect 60% to like android?

Go to a vegan store and hold a poll on who likes beef and see what the results are? Polls are only as good as the audience. Just like a poll here would obviously say 99.99% love android.

11. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Android Expert

You numbers are absurdly off. In May there were 10.7 million iPhones in the US and 8.7 Android Phones , but Android has far outsold iPhones in the last quarter by 50% and its market share continues to grow.

12. RoyHobbs

RoyHobbs Lurker

I would think that there a lot of people who think that the Droid phones and the Android OS are one in the same. So if you don't own a Droid you aren't an Android user.

13. RoyHobbs

RoyHobbs Lurker

CNN does have a whole lot of "Apple-based" stories.......

14. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Android Expert

The "language" of the poll was wrong, and has been corrected IIRC.

15. Jazzfan1

Jazzfan1 Lurker

I guess they didn't poll me, from the G1 to the Nexus One and now with the Vibrant. I will always buy Android based phones cuz I-phone sucks. (angers me that I am writing this on my Macbook Pro)(my wife is a huge Apple Junkie)(but she is now using my old Nexus One). Go Android......

16. stevenlong

stevenlong Well-Known Member

I wonder how the question was worded.
    Like would you buy your android phone again?
    And my model isn't available anymore so my answer would be no. But I would buy another model of android phone.

17. maybeafan

maybeafan Lurker

OK....reading all the post and judging by my screen name you guys already know im an Iphone user and was a big Apple fan untill they decided to give a stupid rubber bumper for a genuine issue instead of addressing it......With that said the Major problem with Android is that there are too many phones running an OS that would have done better if kept a little bit exclusive....but never the less its an amazing OS and and the quality of the phones are getting better and better and HTC has come a long from G1.
    Well anyways I have been thinking for a while about switching and the bumper for an issue def nailed the final nail in the coffin!!! Android here I come......Def thinking Vrz if HTC merge come their way

18. DesertWildman

DesertWildman Lurker

I seriously doubt I will buy another Android phone - and I am on my second. No, I would not get an iPhone either. Anything Apple sucks & AT&T blows.

There are a lot of things Android does well, but it falls down in the things I need it to do. I am also not a big fan of Google and the privacy issues.

It drives me crazy that I can't easily multi-select email, text or files to delete. The lack of a file manager is maddening, too.

Android is more of a super-iPhone or a device for people too smart for Crapberry. Still, it really isn't direct competition for Windows or Symbian. Many things it does better, but again, not on what I need.

19. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Android Expert

I see your point. I remember thinking that RIM had a bit too many devices out there; I figured a full QWERTY (Curve), a touchscreen (Storm) and a hybrid keyboard (Pearl) were great base models, and more than enough.

However, I think the abundance of choice works well for the Android platform. I think the iPhone model works well for Apple,too, even though it is not as cut and dried as you think, Releasing a new device every year is, in essence, the same thing. Apple has multiple devices on iOS4, for example.

20. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Android Expert

21. fratermus

fratermus Well-Known Member

If my phone fell in the lake today I'd buy another Android-based phone tomorrow.

22. Shozzking

Shozzking Newbie

I would still buy another android phone because of the huge amount of custom ROMs out there. My friend has a rogers dream (didnt get any updates past 1.5) and he rooted and installed a 2.2 ROM onto it two days ago. Manufacturers may not support it but the users will.

23. lewblue83

lewblue83 Member

isnt CNN the SAME news channel that has polls saying that unemployment is getting better, and that most of the country approves of Obamas performance? lmao.

24. Thats the biggest bull**** ive heard in a looong time (barring the "i love iphoney4 crap!!")....i totaallllly love my Galaxy S and android!!!...cheers!!

25. techdaring

techdaring Well-Known Member

I would like to upgrade my phone as soon as possible, about the money or something else.