• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help CNN from Tunein on Google devices not working

For several years I have been able to tell my Google Home, Mini, and Nest Hub to, “Play CNN from Tunein,” and it would. Starting two days ago, it now responds that CNN is not available on Tunein. This is not the case as I have several non-Google devices that continue to play CNN from Tunein. Has anyone else had this problem? And can someone try giving this command to a Google device and see what response they get?

To be clear, my devices respond to all other commands including playing other radio stations from Tunein.

I can go to https://tunein.com/cnn/ on my Windows 10 machine and listen to CNN

That just gives a message "This station is not available in your region.". Which is probably why I don't have CNN in the TuneIn apps(Android and MacOS). I'm using a VPN, because otherwise TuneIn wouldn't be available to me at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Thanks. Weird, indeed. Is there any way I can stream it using voice commands. I can get the CNN YouTube channel on my hub, but not live broadcasts. I do not have a YouTube TV subscription.
live tv of cnn will not happen unless you have something like directv or other cable companies that allow you to stream live broadcasts via there apps. i have a sirius subscription and i can get live audio of cnn broadcasts.

but like i said you should be able to get tunein to play cnn.....you just can't do it verbally.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones