• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coby MID7065-8: Pre-Installed Flash (v. 10.2) Blocking Flash v. 11.1 Installation

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, as well as the world of Android.

I recently purchased a tablet, a Coby 7" Android 4.0 (model MID 7065-8). It has Android 4.0.4.

I have been trying to install Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 from the Flash Player Archives. The program downloads just fine. However, when I go to install it, I get the following message:

"An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed."
After several hours of digging around on the tablet, I found out that it came with Flash Player 10.2 pre-installed. I tried disabling it, hoping that would allow the newer version to install, but no luck. I also cannot find a way to remove the pre-installed version.

Some extra info: the reason I am trying to download the newer version of Flash is because I'd like to be able to access Amazon's Instant Videos and the current version isn't working. Also, I did try downloading the Mozilla browser to help things but got nowhere since the newer Flash won't install. The Photon browser seemed like it was streaming but it was rather diffcult to use, especially with the ads.

Any help and guidance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, :D

I did some digging around over the weekend and found a few things:

- Coby does have Flash installed: version 10.2.

- It can be found under: Setting > Apps (under Device) > All.

- It cannot be deleted. It can be disabled. It will not allow the installation of the latest Flash Player (version 11.1)

- Flash Player only works in the "Browser", which is found under "Apps". Look for the six small white squares on the top right of your screen, and tap on that. You will see "Browser" with a blue globe as its logo.

- Flash Player will not work in Chrome or Firefox.

- I tried using the Photon Flash browser and that thing was just too complicated with its pop up ads.

- Amazon Instant Videos stream really good in "Browser" as long as the connection is good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones