• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Code box fixed length = resize error when in indented lists

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarian
Oct 28, 2009
3rd Rock
androidforums.com
Yeah, so I love the scrolling codebox. It rocks. Except, when it is used in an indented list:

http://androidforums.com/bionic-all...oot-after-5-8-894-broke-root.html#post3703577

To me, I'm seeing this resize error:

AF codebox error 1.JPG

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Good morning and Merry Christmas everyone!

I was about to post a thread here about how the size of the code box has significantly shrunk when I saw this thread...

Urp...I have several threads where I had sized the output to fit nicely with the previously supported width...now, a lot of these look pretty silly and will require folks to use the horizontal scroll bar to see everything.

Is this issue still being reviewed? (I really liked the width of the old code boxes :( :))))...I don't want wide code boxes used in indented lists to be a problem, either.

I can live with the new format obviously, but I didn't know if this recent change was still in-flux or not.

Cheers and thanks again for your efforts, Phases.

Upvote 0
I think P has stabilized it for now.

Optimally, it'd be great if it could auto size itself, based upon the remaining width of the actual center ... column ... so that on posts without any indentation it would make full use of the width whereas when indented it would make less use, so that the column is not forced wider....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones