• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root codefireX 4.2

testbuild (last on the list) with working BT, but still no GPS

I'll be watching this and probably trying it as I like the ROM but needed BT. However, I feel that a lot of people are saying the 'ROM has GPS problems' when it's actually their phone and/or system config. that's the cause. Either use 'Fasterfix' from the Play Store to set up your gps config file for your country and/or fix/change the GPS antenna.

I seem to remember that when the DHD came out there were lots of 'GPS problems' as well ......

Dave

Upvote 0
I'll be watching this and probably trying it as I like the ROM but needed BT. However, I feel that a lot of people are saying the 'ROM has GPS problems' when it's actually their phone and/or system config. that's the cause. Either use 'Fasterfix' from the Play Store to set up your gps config file for your country and/or fix/change the GPS antenna.

I seem to remember that when the DHD came out there were lots of 'GPS problems' as well ......

Dave

now BT is working.

Upvote 0
Just seen a post on the Codefire thread that BT and GPS are now working. They will build a new version in the next day or so. Seems that'll be my next ROM ....

Dave

yap, but CG have problem with notification sound...for a few moments is there, next it's gone..i copy those files to SD and try to use it with some file manager but it hits error (sorry for bad english)

Upvote 0
SR2:
Ace: fixed gps and bluetooth (bluetooth audio still low quality).

Ace: kangbang 2.0 stable kernel

Interface: Status bar: Signal: cleaned and separated 6bar signal settings for radio and wifi

Interface: Lockscreen: add settings for CM's Chronus widget

Interface: Lockscreen: add setting to start lockscreen widgets maximized

Interface: Lockscreen: add setting to hide page hints shown at screen on

Theming: Add navbar and status bar transparency settings.

System: App Security: add sms limit setting

System Settings: Audio: add option to disable safe headset volume

System Settings: Security: configurable pattern dimensions

Contacts: Now theme chooser themable, fixes & translations

DeskClock: add option to hide alarm clock icon

Fixed phone and navbar center ring on non-standard DPI

Switched from keystore to binder

French translations by Pnoire

German translations by

Reactions: ral
Upvote 0
SR2:
Ace: fixed gps and bluetooth (bluetooth audio still low quality).

Installed. Very smooth, no issues so far. Confirm that GPS works - mine got 2 sats INDOORS within 5 secs. Then 8 when I put it nearer a window. That was before I did the 'fasterfix' to get the correct ntp servers. I rebooted and got 7 sats. inside in less than 20 secs.

BT connects up OK but not tested the quality yet.

So, a 27 month old DHD running 4.2.1 .... :D

Dave

Reactions: ivicakc and ral
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones