1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root cog 2.4.1, no market?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pqrs, Nov 14, 2010.

1. pqrs

pqrs Member

Sep 26, 2010
    i just got it working but theres no app market listed in my drawer? everything else seems fine, but when i went to add some apps i realized i have no way to?
    whats the best way to get app brain or the apps store on a phone.. i have no bar code scanner either since is a fresh build.:p

Advertisement

2. pqrs

pqrs Member

Sep 26, 2010
    never mind... i had app saver save everything on the sd... working!

3. pqrs

pqrs Member

Sep 26, 2010
    hmmm... still no market tho.... i cant download any new apps, it just says market not installed?
    any ideas?

4. pqrs

pqrs Member

Sep 26, 2010
    re flashed it... i have the market now. not sure why it didnt show up the first time?

5. NorCal Einstein

NorCal Einstein Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    The one thing you MIGHT need to do is change your Android ID (designgears included an app for that). There's a bug with Cognition where everyone has the same ID, which COULD cause issues with the market. I've never had a problem before, but when I flashed to 2.4.1, I had an issue downloading apps. Changing my ID to something random/different fixed that right up.

6. pqrs

pqrs Member

Sep 26, 2010
    hmmm... it did come with an app called android id changer? it shows my current id thats a long string of numbers and letters.. can i change the name to whatever i want or are there some rules?

7. NorCal Einstein

NorCal Einstein Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    I followed the same format, but replaced like 5-6 character or digits at random. For instance, if an ID is 1234a56bcde, I would change it to 8253z31acdj