1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Coheed And Cambria Live Wallpaper

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shizzy1427, Apr 14, 2010.

1. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Android Enthusiast

Try checking the permissions of the .apk with Root Explorer. User permissions should be set to Read and Write. I always use adb when doing this cause i make them on the comp and its just most convenient to push from the comp.

Off-topic: I live like 15 mins from seaside lol and i was just in philly on thurs at the Trocadero for the MtB show. And POI is my fave album so far, I like prog music so the prog-wankery of that album plus the indie roots of the band just do it for me lol

Advertisement

2. shizzy1427

3. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Android Enthusiast

I love the Phillies one! I'm going to attempt to install in right now. Might I ask how it is that you're going about creating these live wallpapers? I'm not looking to step on your toes here and steal your idea, but I wouldn't mind attempting to create some of my own.

Thanks again for these!

EDIT: Not sure what I'm going wrong here, but I keep getting "READ ONLY" when I attempt to install this using Terminal Emulator. I've changed the permissions in Root Explorer (checking Read and Write), but each time I go back to check the user permissions they are no longer checked. Do I only check user permissions? By default, Group permissions are checked for Read, Write and Execute and Others permissions are checked for Read and Execute. Do I uncheck either of these?

4. shizzy1427

You need to mount the system read/write too.

Code (Text):
    1. su
    2. mount -o,rw remount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    3. cp /sdcard/LiveWallpapers.apk /system/app/LiveWallpapers.apk
    That should do the trick.

And i just make em in photoshop. I grab the pyramid_background.png and edit/add to that to create the background image, and the grab the nexus.rs file to change the phaser colors. Not too hard lol, the biggest issue is keeping the size of the image in the right range, and images that dont blend well to the background image.

EDIT: Added some new ones to the OP.

5. bgardner15

bgardner15 Member

would u like to share that with another ny fan?????

6. Rodeojones

Did everything as instructed and didn't get any errors with Terminal Emulator. It now appears in my system/app folder in Root Explorer. What do I do now to make it actually appear on my phone?

EDIT: I figured it out. I was changing the permissions of the file while it was on the SD card, not when it was in the system/app folder. It's fantastic! Any chance you could get around to making it with a blue background instead of red? And perhaps make the Phillies logo a bit bigger and lower down on the screen? (I use Helix Launcher and I envision the point at the bottom of the Phillies logo being just a bit higher than the cubed app launcher tab - right around where an app might sit there on your screen.)

Do you have somewhere that I could "donate" for the work you've been doing? I'd be happy to help out. ;)

7. shizzy1427

8. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

Those are nice but I am still hoping for a Tennessee Titans or Birmingham Barons? Please?

9. bgardner15

bgardner15 Member

I got the same message but mine said file exist at the end and then when I found it using astro and launch it says activity not found-com.android.wallpaper......help...

10. shizzy1427

Probably tmrw, sorry for the wait.
    type this exactly
    Code (Text):
    1. su
    2. mount -o,rw remount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    3. cp /sdcard/LiveWallpapers.apk /system/app/LiveWallpapers.apk
    spaces and capitalization are important.

11. Crazy_J

Crazy_J Well-Known Member

Or two?

12. shizzy1427

idk who that was that posted that :/

13. Rodeojones

I had this same issue. Here's what I did to make this work:

Code (Text):
    Put the file that I renamed LiveWallpers.apk on the root of my SD card

Open Root Explorer (worth paying for) and long-press on the file you just put on your SD card

Select "MOVE"

Navigate to /system/app/ in Root Explorer and then press the "MOUNT R/W" button at the top

Next press "PASTE" on the bottom of the screen (if you get asked to overwrite a previous file, accept it)

Long press on the LiveWallpapers.apk file again and select "PERMISSIONS"

Next to the "USER" permissions, select the boxes for "READ" and "WRITE"

Press the "MOUNT R/O" button at the top and then back out of Root
    Explorer

Reboot your phone

Once back up and running, long-press on an empy spot on your screen, choose "WALLPAPERS" and then "LIVE WALLPAPERS"

Click on the NEXUS live wallpaper (the little picture you see won't look anything like the design you chose).

Enjoy your new wallpaper!
    Code (Text):

Hope this helps. It worked for me today and there was no need for me to use any scripts in Terminal Emulator or to push through ADB.

davethedroid likes this.
  14. Crazy_J

Any chance of a black n white SRH spade with blue neural network?

15. shizzy1427

thanks Rodeo :)

16. shizzy1427

What is the SRH spade?

17. Crazy_J

Fyi SRH stands for supporting radical habits, such as extreme sports like snowboarding motocross skateboarding ect.

18. dmodert66

dmodert66 Android Expert

Thanks again Shiz...After all this time I finally got it working. I finally got ADB working by doing the following (different than other suggestions for mounting)...

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

Worked for me anyway. I'm kinda a noob with ADB (even though I rooted that way)... These are much appreciated and thank you!

19. cerebrix

cerebrix Newbie

hah, the fall of troy. cool. their guitarist hangs out on one of the forums ive been going to for years. good guy, heavy band.

20. Jeffery

Jeffery Android Enthusiast

Cubs LWP didn't work for me either

21. snake_fist_gung_fu

snake_fist_gung_fu Android Enthusiast

I would like to add if you have BB 1.0 you can just rename your file to LiveWallpapers.apk and then use the switchlwp script that pete provides. Its def a time saver.

22. Bunsen Honeydew

Bunsen Honeydew Android Enthusiast

You can do the same thing with JRummy's script pack too, which is available on Rom manager to use on almost any rom.

23. dreze88

dreze88 Well-Known Member

24. shizzy1427

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews