• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Collaboration ROM Thread

Why a2sd and not the SD card swap script?

I forgot about the sd swap script, not sure if having both would Work without issues but having both wood be nice. A2sd is awesome when a ext partition its made, there are so many options for it, all the different file systems and such, between the multiple 1~2 gig games I play and the million apps I use

Upvote 0
i got this error, never got it before

Cygwin may not process them correctly when building the ROM. To
ensure they get flashed to your device uncorrupted, copy an
existing version of the same files from your device (e.g. using
Root Explorer or ADB) to your PC. Overwrite the files above
with the ones you copied from your device.

now i copied all mentioned files to my dropbox so i could overwrite them, is this completely necessary?

Upvote 0
i got this error, never got it before

Cygwin may not process them correctly when building the ROM. To
ensure they get flashed to your device uncorrupted, copy an
existing version of the same files from your device (e.g. using
Root Explorer or ADB) to your PC. Overwrite the files above
with the ones you copied from your device.

now i copied all mentioned files to my dropbox so i could overwrite them, is this completely necessary?

We wouldn't want corrupted devices :p. But of you know what you're doing and you think the message is bull than its unnecessary. Just be sure to test it first before release ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones