1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Color Preference questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AirmanAmy, Jul 28, 2013.

1. AirmanAmy

AirmanAmy Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2013
    So, next month (2.5 weeks) I'll be getting the Galaxy Note 2. I was going to wait for the 3, but it's really not worth the waiting time/money/few upgrades (Camera, resolution, processor) in my opinion so i'm going with the GN2.
    I've looked at them multiple times in Best Buy and was wondering how people feel about the colors of their GN2. Does anyone regret getting the color they got?
    I would like the white, but i'm getting pretty sick of my white Iphone. I know that the titanium grey, like the black Iphone, will have very visible fingerprints. Does anyone have any opinions on this or suggestions? :p

Advertisement

2. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    Male
    Shropshire, UK
    I went into the shop when the Note 2 first came out looking for the white one, but when I saw the titanium one I changed my mind immediately, but after seeing the amber brown one I changed my mind again lol.

3. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    Entertainment Industry
    West LA, CA
    If the option was given, I'd actually get the Topaz Blue. Unfortunately, that wasn't released in the US.

Of the colors available across the US providers, I personally like the Titanium Grey a lot. The white is nice, but the Titanium Grey is more unique a color (IMO).

I was on the fence about Titanium Grey, until I actually saw it in person, which prompted me to swap my white Note 2 (Sprint) for the Titanium Grey.

Ultimately, it comes down to what your personal preferences are. I rarely (if ever) use cases, but luckily there's a minimalistic custom case that I ordered that accents the titanium grey perfectly. Haven't searched other cases, for myself, ever since.

4. Sokudo Ningyou

Sokudo Ningyou Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 8, 2010
    Female
    SE Wisconsin
    I had the same problem as drexappeal; I bought the white (since Radio Shack only had white, and I thought I was getting a better deal [note: I didn't]), then returned it and bought a titanium gray from Verizon. HATED the white. I do use a case, so I can't really comment on fingerprints, but the ones I do get on the bezel are easily wiped away. Plus, I would think white would be horrid to keep clean.

5. AirmanAmy

AirmanAmy Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2013
    If you don't mind, would you be able to tell me which case you got for it? I hate cases, I really like to keep the phone as basic as possibl but haven't found any that would go well with the titanium Grey, leaving me more on the fence about purchasing it over the white.

6. drexappeal

None

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    Entertainment Industry
    West LA, CA
    No problem. Go to www.artscow.com There is only one available for the Note 2 and you can get shiny plastic or matte.

There is a 25% off coupon at top of page.

7. netizensmith

netizensmith Newbie
    None

May 1, 2013
    I got the grey. No fingerprint problem. Also, it is possible to buy official front screen, outer bezel/rear cage and battery covers. The whole lot would cost about

8. drexappeal

None

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    Entertainment Industry
    West LA, CA

9. atrain311

atrain311 Android Expert
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    Male
    1st-grade Teacher & Adjunct Professor
    Queensbury, NY
    When I got the phone in January, I bought the titanium.

A week ago, in bricked my phone trying the one click root method (super fun). So my insurance replacement is now white because the gray isn't in stock. I love it. Maybe it's just a change.

However, I own 8 different flip covers, so I can entertain many colors.

10. GalaxiaTech

GalaxiaTech Newbie
    None

Jul 31, 2013
    Female
    Philadelphia, PA
    Hi-
    I asked for white Note 2 when I got mine. I really wanted white because I never had a white phone before- maybe because I'm pretty girly- lol- wanted to put a pink case on it, etc...
    Phone came out in a white box... didn't see the rep setting it up behind his huge computer screen. He got done... and handed me a Titanium Note 2. I said, "Wait... I asked you for white". His reply... "I know but we're out of stock".
    THANKS for telling me up front- lol.
    So whatever- mildly annoyed but got over it.
    I got one of these to change the color...

Amazon.com: Caseology HD Clarity Color Screen Protector Compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [All Versions] (Hot Pink): Cell Phones & Accessories

When my Titanium Note 2 broke down, I asked for the refurb to be white. To my surprise, they actually did send me a white replacement. But now I have a Titanium gray back cover & titanium gray stylus as Verizon does not replace the back cover, battery or stylus on the refurbs. So I have a hybrid phone now.

But DEFINITELY loving the white now! I have about 10 cases for it which IMO look nicer with the white than they did the silver... but again... I'm pretty girly so makes sense the pinks & purples would go nice with white.
    Having used both colors, I do notice that the white does get a bit dirtier... usually when I have makeup on, I have to wipe it clean later. But it's sexy in white- lol.

Just my opinion & definitely think because I always owned dark or black phones & the... so just wanted a white one for a change.

Definitely a preference but it's funny how it's such a hard decision sometimes- lol. I think I spent 30 minutes deciding Pebble Blue or white for my GS3- lol. Went with the Pebble Blue because the rep told me the "glare was bad on the white". Think he was just tired of my indecisiveness...

Good luck!

Anne

11. GalaxiaTech

GalaxiaTech Newbie
    None

Jul 31, 2013
    Female
    Philadelphia, PA
    That would be SWEET if you could find it. Please post info if you do? :D
    Also, beware of fake battery covers... just had a counterfeit sent to me from eBay... advertised as OEM Samsung. The NFC didn't work. Power Seller, top rated, 98.8% feedback... selling fake battery covers all day long to the unsuspecting.

Anne

12. Androidkucool

Androidkucool Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 29, 2011
    mine is Tgrey and has no fingerprint problem at all. Now, I use tech21 clear grey with some orange lines on the side; it looks very cool. But, if the color is white, it will looks much better/contrast for those orange lines. imo, white is more 'girly' than tgrey, therefore I like tgrey.
    The clear grey tech21 is about $13-$14 shipped on eb.

One thing, this case is NOT bulky at all; it is not the trident nor otterbox style.

13. Androidkucool

None

Nov 29, 2011
    Hi pretty girl, I go phillies too.

14. leftstrat

leftstrat Newbie
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Asheville, NC
    Mine is Titanium gray, and I really do love it. I guess the dark background makes the indicator lights a bit brighter looking. But I also have it in an otterbox defender case. :) White phones don't do well around me. I tend to mess those up. :)

15. Androidkucool

None

Nov 29, 2011
    with otterbox defender, you can throw it from the sky and nothing will be happened onto the phone.
    But the phone's color can't be seen with that case.

16. drexappeal

None

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    Entertainment Industry
    West LA, CA
    Best I've found is what "seems" to be a topaz blue flip cover being sold through amazon uk, but from the pictures, it looks more like the titanium grey.

Generally speaking, I assume the stuff on ebay is fake, unless a seller has a top notch rating of selling OEM items.

17. GalaxiaTech

GalaxiaTech Newbie
    None

Jul 31, 2013
    Female
    Philadelphia, PA
    That's what is so scary- this particular seller- "Power Seller" "Top Rated"... all OEM... 98.8% feedback...
    I TRUSTED this was an OEM seller due this this. Amazingly, he ADMITTED it was fake in writing- in a message.

I contacted eBay & asked how a seller could achieve such high standing... obviously, we as buyers, look for "eBay" endorsed sellers, such as this one.

So like you now, I will assume that everything on eBay is fake... sadly, no matter how many little trophies eBay puts next to their ID name.

I'm gonna check that Amazon UK Topaz guy out... thanks!

Anne

18. GalaxiaTech

GalaxiaTech Newbie
    None

Jul 31, 2013
    Female
    Philadelphia, PA
    LOL! Aww... I love my Phillies so much I was going to do the Coveroo "P" logo for my Otterbox! I know they stink this year but love baseball so I don't give up on them- lol.

Anne

19. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    Male
    Shropshire, UK
    I bought a 'genuine flip cover' from Amazon and when it arrived you could tell it was fake straight away, I got a refund but it surprising what sellers are out there to rip you off!

20. drexappeal

None

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    Entertainment Industry
    West LA, CA
    That's the main reason I got the artscow case (e.g. customization). As much as I hate using cases normally, I would typically get custom battery skins from either uniqueskins.com or skinit.com, or zagg.com. I bought one for the Note 2 and was using it for the first few months, but then it started peeling. I was too lazy to try and get a replacement under warranty, so I did some digging and found the artscow case.

I now have a custom Lakers case, cuz I'm a diehard Lakers fan, and I used the same wallpaper picture that I had used for my custom skins. Came out awesome and with a matte finish, made the phone less slippery.

GalaxiaTech likes this.
  21. GalaxiaTech

GalaxiaTech Newbie
    None

Jul 31, 2013
    Female
    Philadelphia, PA
    I went to artscow from your previous post about it. Really liked it- didn't know it existed and meant to thank you for that recommendation.
    Which product started peeling? I was always a big Zagg fan... but went through 3 of them on my GS3- orange peel, dinks in it easy... I have one on my Note 2 but already peeling. I've been trying the "smudge proof" or "HD" versions...
    I'm pretty good at installing them but this last one I got doesn't even fit right.
    So I'm definitely looking around for a good protective screen guard. Do you recommend any? Maximum protection my #1 priority.

Also- ever try those skinguardz on eBay? Or the Mercury Matte screen protector? TOTALLY changes the look of the phone. The skinguardz... have had two that stayed SUPER secure- NO peeling whatsoever but easy to remove & did not harm phone.
    The Mercury screen protector... okay not the BEST screen protector... but very decent product... you can get it in purple to match your Lakers theme!
    And easy to remove without damaging the phone.

Anne

22. drexappeal

None

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    Entertainment Industry
    West LA, CA
    I've actually never been a big Zagg fan. The only time I ever really used Zagg Invisible Shield before, I hated it and never went back to using it. I didn't like the rubbery texture. Only time with the Note 2 that I've used Zagg was the custom skin, which I didn't realize they discontinued (probably because their version sucked so bad and started peeling after 3 months). For protection, I've heard good things about their newest screen protectors and skins, but I'm pretty careful with my devices and I have Best Buy Geek Squad coverage, so never bother with added protection. I prefer SGP screen protectors, if I ever use one.

With my past devices, I've typically purchased from Unique Skins
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Skin | Custom Galaxy Note 2 | Unique Skins

or

Skinit
    Custom Phone Covers, Phone Cases & Skins For Electronics | Skinit

That's the biggest case that I ever have used, prior to the customized artscow case.

GalaxiaTech likes this.
  23. Androidkucool

None

Nov 29, 2011
    For the screen and clear body protector lovers, you can get TWO Xtreme Guard screen protectors + ONE full clear body protector for ONLY $3.40 shipping Free. Make sure you put TWO screen protectors and ONE full body protector in the cart, then add the "magic" ;) 83off3 :p the total $20 becomes $3.40 shipped to you. It is NOT the best product, but for $3.40...
    Go Phillies..

http://www.xtremeguard.com/?Click=28283

saltz and GalaxiaTech like this.
  24. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me
    None

May 4, 2010
    Female
    PhiLLy
    I walked in the store knowing I was getting white. Dark colored phones are border line depressing to me; nothing that screams WOW (in my head). I've been getting white phones since my first iPod. :D

I don't know why people have this misconception that white phones get so incredibly dirty--they don't. Mine is still as white as it was on launch day.

25. Androidkucool

None

Nov 29, 2011
    imo, the darker would be much easier to be "dirty" or seems dirty when there are few dust on it. Maybe more related with the gender than the dirty thingy.