1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

colored emoji?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by laydevee_abn, Oct 8, 2014.

1. laydevee_abn

laydevee_abn Newbie

I have a galaxy s3 & my emojis are black & white. I want colored emojis, i want to see them in color in social networks also. Is there a way to do this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Heloguy

Heloguy Android Enthusiast

I downloaded swiftkey keyboard (Free from the market) and it has them included.

3. wenchap

wenchap Newbie

The emojis on SwiftKey are also black and white unfortunately. The emoticons are colour though.

4. laydevee_abn

laydevee_abn Newbie

Idk why my phone dont support colored emojis when its a jelly bean 4.3 , i thought androids from 4.1 & up has colored emoji.

I mean when i download the keyboard it does shows clored emojis, but when i post something on fb, or instagram, twitter etc it shows black & white, also i want to see other post with color emojis.

5. Netcat

Netcat Android Enthusiast

You don't actually send a emoji, you send the characters required to display the emoji, ":)" for example. Then the receivers phone translates that into the emoji that is installed on the receiving phone. Even if you select a special colorful emoji that you have installed on your phone, the receivers phone will only display the emoji's that are installed on the receiving phone.

6. laydevee_abn

laydevee_abn Newbie

So theres no color emoji then? Cause i have a android & its 4.3 jelly bean. It does have emojis but their black & white. I want them to be colored emojis instead

7. hatredg0d

hatredg0d Well-Known Member

It is possible, but you need root.

8. laydevee_abn

laydevee_abn Newbie

How can i root it not using a computer??

Distinct likes this.
  9. hatredg0d

hatredg0d Well-Known Member

First you need to realize that root is dangerous and for advanced users. Not only will it void your warranty but it will allow you to do things that will completely break your phone. If you wish to proceed it you should go to the root section for your model/carrier and ask for help there.

Awesome list for convenience.
    1. Sprint/Cricket
    2. AT&T
    3. Boost mobile
    4. Cricket
    5. International
    6. MetroPC/CDMA
    7. MetroPCS/GSM
    8. T-Mobile
    9. US Celluar
    10. Verizon
    11. Virgin Mobile
    12. S3 4G LTE International

Distinct likes this.
  10. Distinct

Distinct Lurker

I'm rooted it's really not all that bad (my opinion) but since in rooted what do I do now

11. Distinct

Distinct Lurker

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews