1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

ColorNote recovery question

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by clsanders, Jan 6, 2013.

1. clsanders

clsanders Lurker
    None

May 12, 2011
    My Motorola Razr has broken but still powers on with no screen visibility. So my question is: can I access my notes within the ColorNote app from the phone connected to my pc? I have copied off the files within the app folder using windows explorer having the phone connected to my pc via USB. But I do not know if I copy these back to a new android phone with ColorNote installed that the new phone will be able to read them. Any advice if this or another option exists? Thanx in advance.

Advertisement

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    Welcome clsanders!
    So before your phone broke, you backed up your info from within the ColorNote?
    And that backup was on your sd card correct? And you pulled that backup from the sd card and saved it to your computer.?
    I think when you get your new phone, transfer the backup to the new phone's sd card, then download the app to the phone, then use the "restore from backup" option, (if available) it should restore your notes/settings etc.

I say that because I have done that with a couple apps that I had on my old phone.
    I had backups of them on my sd card.
    I got my new phone, downloaded the apps, transferred the backups to my new sd card, then restored the backups.
    Is that what you mean?

3. clsanders

clsanders Lurker
    None

May 12, 2011
    I do not believe I manually backed anything up before the phone broke. As I said, it still comes on but no screen. I'm hoping there is some why to operate the phone thru usb plugged into the pc. Or another way to access colornote, or copying the files to the new phone using windows explorer. idk.

4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    hmmm, if there is another way to pull the data from colornote without a working screen, I do not know how to go about that...sorry, but perhaps someone else will see your thread and offer some more help better than I. :(