1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Colour calibration without root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thisISjoel, Dec 20, 2014.

1. thisISjoel

thisISjoel Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 16, 2014
    Sydney
    Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I couldn't work out how to search properly now, anyway I have previously been rooted and used custom roms and kernels and been able to choose a colour profile that has more saturated colours for my N5.

Currently I am running stock 5.0.1, not rooted and I find that the colours are quite dull and washed out looking, is there any way I can adjust/calibrate the colours without rooting? I found that on 5.0 rooted and using fracno kernel the experience was not very stable so I'm keen to stay stock if possible.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies :)

Advertisement

2. Incakola

Incakola Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 1, 2012
    Student
    Lake Worth, FL
    No. Root and supported kernel is needed (that's how that idea was made possible...), no other alternative.

#2 Incakola, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  3. xdrc45

xdrc45 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 21, 2012
    Male
    Great White, MI
    While Incakola is right, the kernel is what usually contains the color and gamma profiles and etc...

@thisISjoel you might be able to try this app for some color profile changes while being unrooted, although it wouldn't support Gamma profile's but looks like you can adjust other levels within the app.

Screen adjuster free -
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netmanslab.sa

I guess it's worth a try to see if it helps you any on an unrooted N5.... Hope this helps and good luck! Otherwise just root your N5 and flash Franco kernel or similar.

Tags: