• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Colour calibration without root?

thisISjoel

Android Enthusiast
Feb 16, 2014
Sydney
Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I couldn't work out how to search properly now, anyway I have previously been rooted and used custom roms and kernels and been able to choose a colour profile that has more saturated colours for my N5.

Currently I am running stock 5.0.1, not rooted and I find that the colours are quite dull and washed out looking, is there any way I can adjust/calibrate the colours without rooting? I found that on 5.0 rooted and using fracno kernel the experience was not very stable so I'm keen to stay stock if possible.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies :)

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I couldn't work out how to search properly now, anyway I have previously been rooted and used custom roms and kernels and been able to choose a colour profile that has more saturated colours for my N5.

Currently I am running stock 5.0.1, not rooted and I find that the colours are quite dull and washed out looking, is there any way I can adjust/calibrate the colours without rooting? I found that on 5.0 rooted and using fracno kernel the experience was not very stable so I'm keen to stay stock if possible.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies :)
No. Root and supported kernel is needed (that's how that idea was made possible...), no other alternative.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While Incakola is right, the kernel is what usually contains the color and gamma profiles and etc...

@thisISjoel you might be able to try this app for some color profile changes while being unrooted, although it wouldn't support Gamma profile's but looks like you can adjust other levels within the app.

Screen adjuster free -
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netmanslab.sa

I guess it's worth a try to see if it helps you any on an unrooted N5.... Hope this helps and good luck! Otherwise just root your N5 and flash Franco kernel or similar.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones