• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help com.android.calendar error lost all apps 2nd time

4u2nvinmtl

Aug 21, 2010
Hi,
I have a rooted GT-i9000m (bell Galaxy S Vibrant). I used the one click lag fix to root my phone and it works fine.

A few days ago out of no where all the apps started auto closing as soon as i opened them and then both the menu and back touch buttons lit up and the screen went black. I held the power down till it rebooted only to get and error with com.android.calendar even tho I never use the app. When it finish's booting none of my installed apps are showing.

The first time it happened with com.android.app and I did a full wipe and factory reset and just reinstalled everything.

Ideally I don't want to system reset to factory settings again and lose all my files and notes that i copied back on to the phone 2days ago...

Please note I have tried clearing the data for the calendar app in settings -> apps and i cleared the calendar back up. My problem is that none of my installed apps are showing...

(Update) I also cant reinstall or update apps due to a Installation error - Insufficient storage. But there's room on both SD cards. I also set 850mb for apps when i did the one click lag fix and i don't have 850mb of apps installed.

(Update 2) I did a factory reset again this time i didn't format the internal and external SD cards. (It works like new again) Thus I got to keep all my personal files and ring tones ect. The only thing that was deleted that I didn't back up is my Notes. This leads me to my new question whats best for backing up apps on a rooted SGS (bell Vibrant)?

If anyone has answers they would be much appreciated.

I now understand the cause of the problem. I change my battery once and some times twice a day. At first I would wait for the long shut down (untill the screen goes totaly black) and then take off the back and swap out the battery. At least 3 times the phone would boot up and ask me for the network unlock code (I bought the unlock code directly from bell for 75$). I found this rather annoying so i tried just taking the battery out wile it was on (idle) and it appeared to work flawlessly at least 20-30 times before the phone would start to do an endless force close loop cycle. This kept forcing me to do a factory reset on the phone. I can only assume the one click lag fix and my disregard for the need of the shutdown before removing the battery must be all the cause of my problems.

I will try and see if my phone is more stable with out the one click lag fix.

Upvote 0
Update...

I got my phone back from repairs 2 weeks ago. They flat out replaced the phone for a new one. This was a huge headache for me because the new one wasn't unlocked. Took Bell 2 hours to get the new one unlocked wile my wife waited out side double parked downtown! (I thought it would be a quick pick up and I would be out) The blue-tooth works flawlessly again!!

Much to my dismay the replacement phone has started acting up much like my first one did. It gets several force close errors a day and has gotten to the point where it no longer can send or receive text messages (using Handcent). The stock Music Player app also force closes at random with more frequently. It looks like I got another Lemon. This time around I did NOT root, lag-fix, or flash firmware. I will be sending it for repairs as soon as I can afford to buy another phone to use wile this one is off at repairs. My back up phone is a 3~ year old Iphone3g that my son has made his... (cracked screen, vol rockers dont work, power button is jammed in, the LCD screen it self is bleeding on the top edge)

The Vibrant never let me down other than as a phone. As a divx player or using all-share it rocks! I use these features A LOT to play my 720p divx movies on any TV or the projector in the bedroom
wink.gif

with that being said I might keep the phone just as a portable movie player to bring from place to place and put my sim in something more stable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones