1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support com.android.phone error on SGS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sarahh, Jun 21, 2011.

1. sarahh

sarahh Lurker
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    Hey all,

I've had my Samsung Galaxy S for about 10 months now, and since Saturday night I've been getting an error saying "The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I thought it was just a one off crash at first, but then it kept appearing and I didn't receive about 15 sms that had been sent (all from the same person). I also had problems with my keyboard. I was using Darky's V81 Gingerbread Edition and I did a couple of hard resets on that which didn't fix the problem, so I flashed back to some original Eclair ROM.

About 5 minutes after I rebooted, the missing messages all came through, and I had Sunday and Monday go by without any issues. However, I woke up this morning with my phone ringing and as I went to answer it the same error message was on the screen, and as I clicked okay, the call disappeared and there's nothing in my call logs. I've also stopped receiving messages from the same person as last time again. I have noticed that when the error pops up, my phone loses all of the "signal bars"..

Could the problem be with my SIM card, or is it something to do with the phone? If I need to take it back to my provider, is there any way that I can flash the original firmware back onto it for warranty purposes?

Thanks in advance,
    Sarah.

BTW I am in Australia and on the Virgin network :)

Advertisement

2. brabie

brabie Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    y dont u update to the official gingerbread 2.3.3 , i got no problems with it at all

3. sheorain

sheorain Lurker
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    hi ! i am getting the error "com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly"... i am facing problem with my contact at times.... not able to view them.. when i get a call it doesn't display the name n only contact number is displayed... messages also not displayed at times. .. updated call log is not displayed... please suggest solution .. i am using htc wildfire android 2.2.1 .....

4. Smithy-II

Smithy-II Newbie
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Perhaps because it has not been released in Australia yet??