1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support COM.ANDROID.PHONE not letting me call out!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by isaemm, Jan 21, 2011.

1. isaemm

isaemm Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Male
    NorCal
    MODS PLEASE EDIT THE TITLE. IT SHOULD BE COM.ANDROID.PHONE NOT LETTING ME CALL OUT

Thanks.

Well I am having some issues here. I'm actually trying to call Sprint dialing *2 and every time I do so right when I press the call button, I get a force close pop up saying that com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. and I cant call out. When I choose to force close I immediately all bars of service and then my bars come back. I have full bars of service by the way. Does any one know what is going on. Im rooted with myns rls5.

Edit: Ok, so for some reason I cant dial out using *2. I can call out using my contact entries or dialing a number directly but apparently I cant dial a * in front of a number. Anyone have any clues or has any noticed this also?

Advertisement

2. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    Are you using a ROM that removed sprint zone, or did you happen to remove it yourself?

3. isaemm

isaemm Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Male
    NorCal
    I am using myns rl5. I don't see the sprint zone in the app drawer and I didnt remove. Could this be the culprit? HMMMM... very in-ta-westing. :cool:

4. akazabam

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    Yes, it's removed by default in myn's. You need that to dial *2. You can find it in /sdcard/Warm_2.2_Optional (or something like that, I forget the exact name). Just push it to /system/app. You can also dial something else. I think it's #2. Try that before reinstalling sprint zone (unless you really want it for other uses).

isaemm likes this.
  5. isaemm

isaemm Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Male
    NorCal
    No, I don't need it. I can use another number. Phew, thought my phone was screwed for a minute.

6. akazabam

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    Hehe, yeah, it's not immediately apparent that you need sprint zone for that to work.

Tags: