• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help com.google.android.voicesearch

thatguy188

Android Enthusiast
Aug 12, 2011
South Carolina
It Force closes everytime I try to do a Google Voice Search.

Not quiet sure when it started to be honest, I just realized it. Anybody experienced the same issue?

What I might do is flash a complete factory reset and install the apps I actually use / need 1 by 1. But I'd rather see if anybody else had this issue.

Thanks.

SOLUTION

I found the culprit!

I went through my Titanium Backup Pro, Freezing and UnFreezing apps.

Needless to say,it was "[BOOKMARKS] Browser 2.3.4" (The stock Browser) that caused the issue. I unfroze it, and all worked well again

Before you dive off the deep end and completely reset your phone, try going to setting/application/manage applications/all applications and scrolling down til you find the gvoicesearch (it will be labeled just as you described it com.google.android.voicesearch) app. click on it and hit clear cache and clear data... That might resolve the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones