1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

com.motorola.home

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vehtemas, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

So, this process keeps showing up in my battery report... takes up around the same battery as maps and only ever uses GPS.

It has gotten to the point that I have to disable the GPS when not using it...

The apps listed under the listing in battery have never been launched and I do not use the weather widgets...

So, thoughts? I have added the IM applications to my auto end task manager since that bastard kept turning on and using battery.

Advertisement

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

That would be your homescreen....

3. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

According to the battery tab it actually controls a plethora of items, however, again, I have no widgets that could possibly use the gps...

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Well,, first how about telling us where you're look exactly?

Screen shots would be much more helpful...because I'm not killing a single thing and I'm getting great battery life on my extended battery, and nothing is using my battery over 22% (of course, b/c there are so many items using the battery)....

5. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

Got some screenshots! Sorry I had to Root the phone, download Screen Grabber and then wait for it to happen again hahaha.

Here you are:

[​IMG]

This is the image that shows the program running and using battery (normally it is WELL above 3%, roughly the same % as MAPS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These next two pictures show what the process apparently controls.

Also, for some reason this morning MAPS turned on while the phone wasn't using it and used up apparently a LOT of juice, but it didn't use up any CPU or GPU time...

Not sure how accurate the battery recording is anymore...

[​IMG]

Usually the com.motorola.home button looks like this:

[​IMG]

It seems to like to use the IM icon, NOT the news icon...

And again, normally it is VERY similar/same % as maps, although for some reason maps turned on and used a lot of juice this morning...

So yeah, this is the oddness I noticed with com.motorola.home. Any ideas John?

I am rooted and I really want to go through and rename all the apk's but I am afraid to do that until their is a reliable recovery ability to bring me back to stock.

Also, if you need more screenshots let me know this is what I see and get confused by.