1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support com.motorola.services/*wifi* killing battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mike762, May 6, 2012.

1. Mike762

Mike762 Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    Hello, everyone. This is my first post, so I apologize if I'm in the wrong area. I have a rooted Droid Razr Maxx with the stock rom. When ever I connect to a wifi network, something called com.motorola.services, com.motorola.contacts, or com.motorola.activesync is draining the hell out of my battery. What ever it is, it's always a com.motorola.something. Today there was something called *wifi* draining the battery in the battery usage menu as well. I find this funny because I froze motorola services with Titanium Backup, so how can any of this be running? Thanks for any replies, I appreciate any help.

Advertisement

2. Mike762

Mike762 Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    So I've uninstalled numerous of my downloaded apps, but the issue still persists. Doing a Google search has shown me a few people with the same issue, but little in the realm of solutions. No one else has had this issue?

3. wxman2003

wxman2003 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 2, 2010
    That is odd. I do not have that issue.

4. Mike762

Mike762 Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    I wonder if it has something to do with my router because it only seems to happen on my wifi network at home. I had a Razr Maxx exchanged because of this issue and the new one I got does the same thing. I am rooted so I was hoping maybe someone would know of something I could freeze or modify.

5. Puppa

Puppa Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 25, 2010
    Linux kernel development, Android & Chrome
    Raleigh, NC
    If you're rooted...how can you be stock? At any rate, my son has one of these phones, stock and unrooted (I think that's what you meant) and we do connect it to our Wifi router at home. He never turns anything off, and it's virtually impossible to "kill" the battery on this phone. With all of his gaming and texting and facebook-ing and surfing, the lowest he's ever gotten his battery to is 65% after 21hrs off the charger. Perhaps there's a lot of wifi interference at your home?

6. Mike762

Mike762 Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    What I mean is, my phone is rooted, but I didn't flash a custom ROM: it's still the stock one. The Wifi signal is kind of weak so I usually connect to the extender/repeater that we have. Whatever the cause of the issue is, it drains the battery and is quite annoying. I'm kind of frustrated with this phone. Thanks for the reply though :)

7. CharlieD

CharlieD Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Male
    UNIX/Linux System Admin
    Greece, NY
    Bit of an old thread here but I, too, find my battery drains quickly when I'm on wifi. I have a Maxx on ICS. It happens both at home and work. I installed the app CPU Spy and find that when wifi is on, the phone hardly ever sleeps. I've been hunting for any offending app for quite a while and nothing has turned up. I've deleted any app that I thought would be accessing the network and nothing has helped. I've googled around and found others with the same problem. Some mention a bug in the kernel. I'm also wondering if it has something to do with a setting on my router at home. It's a Linksys WRT54G. Meanwhile, I'll keep looking