• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help com.phone.android force close

P

pikacz

hi guys
on XXIFF firmware after i turned on 3G i got the error "The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.". when i updated to XXII5 i can turn on 3G, but GPRS is dead, both on 2G and 3G (the same error occurs). internet access point is disabled in Quick Settings, when i turn it on the error occurs. on XXIFF i could turn on GPRS on 2G and it worked, however on that firmware the phone sometimes turned itself off and couldn't be turned on without removing the battery first. anyone got the same problem and a solution?
cheers

hi guys
on XXIFF firmware after i turned on 3G i got the error "The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.". when i updated to XXII5 i can turn on 3G, but GPRS is dead, both on 2G and 3G (the same error occurs). internet access point is disabled in Quick Settings, when i turn it on the error occurs. on XXIFF i could turn on GPRS on 2G and it worked, however on that firmware the phone sometimes turned itself off and couldn't be turned on without removing the battery first. anyone got the same problem and a solution?
cheers

I've found that ii5 is very bad at "re-discovering" 3g. For instance if i go into a lift and loose 3g, when i come back out the reception keeps the little "r" above it. This morning i made the mistake of turning my phone on in a lift, now 2hours later it still hasnt rediscovered 3g (and im just not bothered rebooting!)

Upvote 0
Did you try the code (i think its was *#*#4636#*#*) and set WCDMA preffered?

I'm setup on that anyway. I get a GSM: data failed due to unknown error (or something along those lines). It seems to be quite intermittent, so it doesnt bother me too much (yet!)

I suspect it something to do with 3ireland renting some of vodafones masts, cuz re-registering on 3 after a network search seems to solve it everytime :)

Upvote 0
good news everyone, i deleted the apn and created a new one with a different name and gprs works. however:
1. when i'm on 3g, i browse the web, receive a call, answer it - everything's fine
2. when i'm on 2g, i browse the web, receive a call, answer it - internet connection terminates (always)
my friend who has G1 has an opposite problem, 2g is fine, 3g is not

Upvote 0
good news everyone, i deleted the apn and created a new one with a different name and gprs works. however:
1. when i'm on 3g, i browse the web, receive a call, answer it - everything's fine
2. when i'm on 2g, i browse the web, receive a call, answer it - internet connection terminates (always)
my friend who has G1 has an opposite problem, 2g is fine, 3g is not

internet should disconnect on 2G
galaxy is not a class A device and infact there are not many that are class A gprs devices

class A gprs devices are the only types that can maintain a 2g connection while processing gsm traffic

normal phones drop to gsm from 2g then back to 2g "attach" when call is finished

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones