• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help com.system.patch

Anhar

Lurker
Jan 26, 2015
Hey,

Lately I have been getting a lot of notification and ads that tells me to download apps, or download itself. And honestly it's so annoying, but I don't seem to be able to get rid of this. However, when I tried looking for the source of that all, I discovered it's an app called com.system.patch. I tried to uninstall it but I couldn't as if it is part of the android system. I downloaded AVG antivirus and McAfee but none of them helped. I really want to remove that thing, as it's taking a part of my storage for nothing useful. So, If anybody knows how to remove that please tell me.
My device is LG G3 and I updated the android to lollipop couple days ago. And I haven't rooted my device.
Thanks a lot.

Reactions: naresh patel
Upvote 0
nujmzimed
Screenshot_2015_01_26_14_58_15.jpg

Reactions: kimiaye eshgh
Upvote 0
i had the same problem with my lg g3, i uninstalled the virus by installing Avast Mobile Security,when u open the app u should go to app management,then find the file,hold it down and click uninstall,it will request you to go to app administrations and from there u have to check it off the list,and then when u try to uninstall it it should work.
I think its safe to remove it,nothing happened to my phone

Upvote 0
I have the same problem on my lg-ms770. I suddenly started getting notifications to install things (including com.system.patch) that I had not requested downloads of. It all starts with a black popup notification box, "Tip ... install & get free gift" Since I did not request it, I assume the gift is a virus, but only option is to say ok or back out, just to have it pop up again in a few minutes. Easiest immediate fix is to ok, then install with lookout or playstore, then when install box is up, cancel. Then run virus search on sd card ( that is where the apk goes) & clean it. this will stop until it downloads again... which tells me that something else is the problem.

Upvote 0
hey guys. I had the same problem but I am just able to fix it. I ignored the com.android.patch for quite a long time so I don't really know which app brought me the virus. I tried to remove the com.android.patch in the "application manager" but all button are locked and didn't work. I then went to "Security" >> "Device administrators" and found that "com.android.patch" was ticked. I guess it allow the com.android.patch to give your phone so much ads. And i unpicked it. Then I found myself able to uninstall it in the "application manager".
Hope it could help you guys too!
Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones