1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Combined remote control (mouse/keyb/directional keys) android app?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by SkEvol, Nov 29, 2011.

1. SkEvol

SkEvol Newbie
    None

Nov 29, 2011
    Hi guys,

I'm considering buying a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus. It comes with Honeycomb.

There's a lot of reasons I am wanting it, but I need to be specific -my Logitech DiNovo Mini (bluetooth HTPC keyboard) is dying, and I want an android app which can replace it.

I use the DiNovoMini to control popular media player software XBMC on my HTPC. The DiNovo Mini has a dpad, a trackpad, and a keyboard all in one.

So far I've looked at GMote and RemoteDroid, which look good (have mouse and keyboard functionality), but no easy-access directional-buttons which I would like, so as to control the XBMC UI on the HTPC. Better still would be a set of media controls (FFW, RW, play/pause, Vol, etc.) although I realise that might be a stretch!

Is anything like this available on the android (or otherwise) market? I'm sure it is technically possible, but I am brand new to Android and have no such knowledge.

Hope someone can help?
    regards.

Advertisement

2. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Android Expert
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    Two Apps I'm currently playing with:

Unified Remote
    Win Remote

Basically they are customizable control app that allow you to set up remote control screens. They also come with pre-configured with set ups for various media players and media centers.

You can also search the market for XBMC remotes and come up with a few specialized apps.

SkEvol likes this.