• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Come congratulate me!!

is there a battery improvement on the 3 or is on par with the Note 2?

My experience has been almost identical to the Note 2. With average/normal usage, I can get up to 24 hours. Heavy usage can burn through the battery fairly quickly, although I've noticed that after playing some games the other day, it actually held charge longer than I noticed with the Note 2 (after playing games).

For me, normal/average usage is having gmail and work emails pushed automatically (and checking constantly), another email address pushing emails every 4 hours, constant text messaging throughout the day, a few social networking checks throughout the day, and a few phone calls.

Upvote 0
Yup. And that is available on swiftkey keyboard now, also. I just use oem cuz of the number row and handwriting keyboard, but the one handed keyboard on either swiftkey or oem are awesome.

Swiftkey just added the number row and it works awesome. The snowflake theme is pretty cool too.

Btw, to get the same battery life are you running the same screen brightness or are you able to have it brighter? On the note 2 i'm at 40% brightness and if i have it any brighter the battery drains way to fast.

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
Swiftkey just added the number row and it works awesome. The snowflake theme is pretty cool too.

Btw, to get the same battery life are you running the same screen brightness or are you able to have it brighter? On the note 2 i'm at 40% brightness and if i have it any brighter the battery drains way to fast.

I saw that mentioned, but can't find the setting.

I have it on auto all the time.

Upvote 0
You download the beta for the numbers row from their website.

New SwiftKey beta brings emoji and number row!

The number row is a waste. Instead of adding more characters for long press in top row of letters they just duplicate the numbers.

Also. How do you enable one handed typing format?
How do you enable suggestions but not auto substitutions? I use a lot of technical jargon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones