• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coming August 23rd... Pre-orders at MIDNIGHT!

Jun 16, 2017
I've had every single note since i can remember.

Ive had the note 2, note 3, note 4, and i skipped the 5 becuase, well, it was kinda shit.

and i was supposed to purchase the note 7 until, you know. kabblooie...

And i just purchase another note 4 about a week ago, refurbished and it sucked and im returning it and going back to my note 3

....so excited for the note 8

Reactions: mikedt
As much as I'd like to I can't. 1 phone a year is what I promised my sweetie. I've got the LG G6 and 4 of the 6 other android phones I bought since they came out let's not count the tablet. Sweetie thinks I'm obsessed.

No Note 8 for me, This Year...

Aw that sucks :/

im actually pretty excited for it, either that or the NOTE 7 R

Upvote 0
I haven't decided. I have Note5 and am very pleased with it.
But, why do they make these beautiful devices out of glass? I'm clumsy and must use a case to protect it and can't even appreciate the sleek design and beauty of it. Sure wish they were more durable.
My last smart phone was Motorola Droid Maxx. It was built like a tank...no cover needed.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Nope. I bought an Oppo R9 Plus to replace a returned Galaxy Note7, and will very likely be keeping the Oppo for at least another year, still very happy with it.

I did have a hands-on session with the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, but...meh! And there's absolutely no way I'd have a refurbished "safe" Note7.

you didnt like them? personaly i dont like that it doesnt have a physical home button, but once i see the phone in person my mind could change, not sure yet though, kinda hoping for the new NOTE 7 refurbished thing to be real, i really wanted that phone

Upvote 0
I wanted the S8+ but the fingerprint scanner was too much of a reach so I bought the S8. I wear bifocals and can't use the iris scanner so I must use the fingerprint scanner and, although it's relatively easy to reach on the S8, I hate the location. I would consider upgrading to the Note 8 if Samsung relocates the fingerprint scanner below the cameras, although the $900 to $1,000 price may be another deterrent.

Upvote 0
I've had every single note since i can remember.

Ive had the note 2, note 3, note 4, and i skipped the 5 becuase, well, it was kinda shit.

and i was supposed to purchase the note 7 until, you know. kabblooie...

And i just purchase another note 4 about a week ago, refurbished and it sucked and im returning it and going back to my note 3

....so excited for the note 8

I make it a rule not to run out and get no new device until I get reviews from users on how well the device work before I even think about attempting blowing anything close to almost $1,000 on. I normally wait at least 7 months before purchasing new devices after it's out.

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
WOO HOO!

It's looking great and it's gonna be a beast!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...nfirms-galaxy-note-8-is-massive/#5793abb74748

The Unpacked Event in New York is scheduled to start at 10 AM Eastern Daylight Time. The livestream is expected to be available on Samsung's YouTube Channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWwgaK7x0_FR1goeSRazfsQ

What do you think about it? The fingerprint scanner has more distance from the camera now, and that screen! I look forward to running Apollo 11 in the Gear VR with this phone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones