1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Coming Back!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dmiller2007, Jan 7, 2013.

1. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Android Expert

So I was an android user for years (OG Droid, Dinc, DX) that switched to an iPhone 4 for a couple reasons over a year ago. But I'm really considering coming back to the android system. I love everything android and was heavily into the whole root and rom thing with my DX.

I'm considering opening a new line in a couple weeks to get the N2. I was just wondering if any former DX users were here and what they thought about the upgrade to the N2. Size isn't an issue for me. I always wanted to go bigger when I had the DX. Any general comments or info would be appreciated :)

2. nlitenme

nlitenme Well-Known Member

Former DX owner here.

I had been a Motorola fan for years, but as time went on my DX's performance got worse & worse. Mostly the phone app & its response time was just terrible!

As Samsung brought the S3 to VZW & my wife getting one, I finally got to see why so many raved about Samsung phones. As soon as it was announced that it was coming to VZW, that was it - just a waiting game from then on.

I picked mine up on release day & am loving it! No regrets what-so-ever! I feel like saying it's an upgrade is an understatement. To me, they're not even close - in EVERY way!

You're gonna love it too! Enjoy it! (I know you said you're considering it, but I/you know you're gonna get it. ;))

dmiller2007 likes this.
  3. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Android Expert

Thank you for the long and informative post. I appreciate it. And you're righ. I am going to get one. I was disappointed the first note didn't hit Verizon but it looks like the wait was worth it for this bad boy.

4. Fr0stTr0n

Fr0stTr0n Well-Known Member

My first smartphone was a Droid X back in Nov 2010. It was a great phone but I swear, Verizon and google just kept ruining it with every software update until it almost became unusable. I started looking into the Note 1 early last year and after I saw the commercials and webviews on it, I just had to have one. I ditched VZW after years of being a customer because they refused to offer it and switched to AT@T last April.

Loved my Note 1 until I ruined it by dropping it into the bathtub while web surfing. An expensive mistake and lesson learn, i'm treating my new Note 2 like platinum!

5. Corki2

Corki2 Android Enthusiast

I had the Droid X. I was drawn to it because of the HUGE screen. I loved that phone but decided I needed 4g to speed things up. I have had a couple other phones since then, but they all left me feeling that if only it had this or could do that. Not so with my Note 2. I am totally happy with this phone.

6. nlitenme

nlitenme Well-Known Member

That's funny! You were surfing in your tub!

:bath: :eek:

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews