1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Coming from an Eris

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rossco_Pee, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Android Enthusiast

My new INC2 should arrive either today or tomorrow. I absolutely loved my rooted eris, but unfortunately the microphone died. Seems a little quiet in here for the INC2 being fairly new. Judging from other posts, I think I'm going to like this phone. Hopefully we get root soon!

Advertisement

2. thetingster

thetingster Android Enthusiast

I'd like to know your experience, my rooted Eris is almost perfect. I've been considering moving to the Inc2

3. AliceBToklas

AliceBToklas Member

Welcome, I feel certain you will be happy with your choice.

I made the move from my Eris with xtrSense and would never go back. Stuck with the stock firmware (for now & I can live with it) but everything else is much better (for me). Temp root and use Bloat Freezer to at least put the bloatware out of the way. Faster phone & larger screen (but not too big) are big winners IMO.

The quietness here may be due to many happy owners and little to discuss regarding rooting, firmware, etc.. Although for sure TB and Charge are the hot items right now. Let's just hope that HTC will unlock the Inc2 in the not-too-distant future.

4. el viejo

el viejo Member

I also retired my Eris (stock) a couple of weeks ago for the Incredible 2. I chose to stay with 3G for now since I'm not in a 4G area. I have been really happy with my choice. The larger screen and snappy response are so much better than my poor tired Eris. The displayed signal seems lower than what it should be. However, I don't have a problem with receiving calls or dropping calls. I am very happy with the Incredible 2.

5. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Coming from a rooted Eris myself ...

DInc2 >>>>>>>>Rooted Eris

No other way to say it

6. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Android Enthusiast

Can't wait until it gets here. Some of the newer phones are just to damn big. This one seems to be a happy medium. Thanks for all the input! I will post my experiences after I've played around with it for awhile.

7. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I was deciding between the DInc2 and the X2 ... Size came into play big time. Even though the X2 has dual core they seemed to be the same speed so I went for form feel. You will be happy with your new phone ... welcome.

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews