• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coming from an Incredible, now X!

Fabyloso

Apr 8, 2010
Thought I'd give out some feedback on my experience so far using the Droid X. I had the Droid Incredible since launch date. Only reason I upgraded to the Droid X, was because my girlfriend had an upgrade coming, so I stole it, and gave her my incredible. She get's an awesome phone and I get the latest and greatest, win win.

Been playing with the Droid X since yesterday. In my opinion, it's exactly like the Droid Incredible with some minor additions added by Motorola and some minor HTC features removed. So far, all these features are useless to me. I never used the HTC features, becuase of LauncherPro, and won't use the Motorola features, because of LauncherPro. LauncherPro is a must in my opinion. Awesome and best replacement of any Android UI. It runs super smooth on the Droid X, as it did on the Incredible. Only drawback I see is the icons are super spaced-out from another, because of the bigger screen. I don't know if this can be fixed, but would be nice if I could add additional rows of icons.

The battery is a huge plus so far. it came out of the box with 70%, charged to full in 20 minutes, and after playing with it like crazy all day and night, and not charging it over night, now it's at about 30%.

I am still getting used to the size of the phone. I had a leather holster for my incredible, but refuse to get one for the X because of the potential fanny pack comments.

Overall, this phone is performance-wise, exactly like the Droid Incredible, with an exceptional battery, and a monster of a screen. I highly recommend this phone, if you can deal with the size.

Reactions: NNN and DoodleD
You guys are lucky, my girlfriend would give me the incredible and take the X if she was eligible and I wasn't lol

Exactly! I have the DINC and my wife had a NE2 date that just so happened to be on the 15th. Thought I would just take the DX, but I guess I talked it up too much and now I think she's going to keep it.

I'm still trying to sell her on the fact that it's probably too big for her liking though....

I really don't care that much. I love my DINC, and I have root access so I'm fine staying with it. My only DINC complaint is the battery life. Plus, I'm sure I'll have plenty of time with the DX, as I don't expect my wife to actually care enough to figure everything out herself, so I will be the one doing all of the customizing for her.

Upvote 0
Thought I'd give out some feedback on my experience so far using the Droid X. I had the Droid Incredible since launch date. Only reason I upgraded to the Droid X, was because my girlfriend had an upgrade coming, so I stole it, and gave her my incredible. She get's an awesome phone and I get the latest and greatest, win win.

Been playing with the Droid X since yesterday. In my opinion, it's exactly like the Droid Incredible with some minor additions added by Motorola and some minor HTC features removed. So far, all these features are useless to me. I never used the HTC features, becuase of LauncherPro, and won't use the Motorola features, because of LauncherPro. LauncherPro is a must in my opinion. Awesome and best replacement of any Android UI. It runs super smooth on the Droid X, as it did on the Incredible. Only drawback I see is the icons are super spaced-out from another, because of the bigger screen. I don't know if this can be fixed, but would be nice if I could add additional rows of icons.

The battery is a huge plus so far. it came out of the box with 70%, charged to full in 20 minutes, and after playing with it like crazy all day and night, and not charging it over night, now it's at about 30%.

I am still getting used to the size of the phone. I had a leather holster for my incredible, but refuse to get one for the X because of the potential fanny pack comments.

Overall, this phone is performance-wise, exactly like the Droid Incredible, with an exceptional battery, and a monster of a screen. I highly recommend this phone, if you can deal with the size.

if you would go into the prefrences and then click advanced settings and there is an option to add 5 rows of items.

Upvote 0
On my Inc I just changed the update intervals (like when it updates Facebook and Twitter, etc.) and my battery life went up tenfold. I can unplug at 8AM, talk and do my normal stuff on it, and it is still 50% at 9PM, and my house is a black hole for signal. I am always between 0 and 1 bar.

Upvote 0
LP Launcher. I installed LP Launcher immediately. I thought the default launcher that came with the X was fugly and I already had some insight in the Lp Launcher.

The launchers all look alike to me except for the bar at the bottom. Everything else can be changed to look the way you like on them all.

Now they do have different features some better than other. I like the app tray ADW uses that you can hide or unhide and the 3d app drawer on LP is cool and both stop the the lag you get when opening the app drawer with the default blur launcher.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones