• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coming from Desire - what rom?

Genksy

Lurker
Aug 20, 2011
Hey all!

I'm coming from a rooted HTC desire. My samsung GS2 will arrive tomorrow... will give it the normal 10+ charge and root asap in order to unlock sim lock :D

Now, I've been looking on here and XDA and exploring different roms for the GS2. Question is, is there any ROM that can beat the STOCK rom? People are saying that's they're all the same as STOCK rom with just added colours.

Coming from a Desire where there were hundreds of roms and all were unique.

My question is, should i stick with my STOCK GS2 or can anyone point me in the direction of a rom that is fast, stable, great battery and really worth flashing.

That'll get you thinking :p

If you ask 5 people on here to suggest a ROM you'll probably get 5 different answers.

It sometimes just depends on your own individual wants and needs.

For instance, I was asked the other day, by a female SGSII owner, who was bored with the stock ROM if there were any, "pretty" ROM's!

It's early days yet for the SGSII, compared with the Desire, so not quite as many ROM's, as yet, for it.

The most popular ROM usually is the CyanogenMod, CM7, but this is still a little buggy for some.

I have tried about 6/7 different ones and have, for the time being, settled for one by sipocat. Not bright or flashy but it just works very well with good performance and battery life.

Why not just try a few for yourself.

Hope this helps. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones